Lian Li PC-O5SX, ITX Build

Associate
OP
I was thinking about just selling it on :)

The unit is £23 + local P&P, and you could just sell it on again..

Haven't got it yet though :D

Associate
Give me a shout when you want to shift it. (like... um... pretty please :))

Anyways, back on topic: there are a few things I would do to clean it up a bit:

• Flip the SSD around so the ports are on the bottom.
  • Swap the blue power LED with a red one (I think the HDD is red IIRC, just connect that one to the Power LED on motherboard), the stock one is way too bright imho. Or even better don't use it like me.
  • If you don't need a slim optical drive, then remove the bracket, this give you a lot more room for cable management. Maybe if you want the PSU modular cables to stay flat, go through the hole, then bend straight up behind itself, much cleaner cabling imoh.
  • If you go with the above, you will also need a way to fit the optical drive blanking plate, I used the cable clips (fitted with adhesive tape) that come with the case to stick against the back of the plate and inner ridge of the case, its the perfect size.

Perfect cable management may seem petty, but you only have to do it properly once, better get it done before the water cooling comes in. For this case where everything is seen, I say it is well worth the effort.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Give me a shout when you want to shift it. (like... um... pretty please :))

Anyways, back on topic: there are a few things I would do to clean it up a bit:

• Flip the SSD around so the ports are on the bottom.
  • Swap the blue power LED with a red one (I think the HDD is red IIRC, just connect that one to the Power LED on motherboard), the stock one is way too bright imho. Or even better don't use it like me.
  • If you don't need a slim optical drive, then remove the bracket, this give you a lot more room for cable management. Maybe if you want the PSU modular cables to stay flat, go through the hole, then bend straight up behind itself, much cleaner cabling imoh.
  • If you go with the above, you will also need a way to fit the optical drive blanking plate, I used the cable clips (fitted with adhesive tape) that come with the case to stick against the back of the plate and inner ridge of the case, its the perfect size.

Perfect cable management may seem petty, but you only have to do it properly once, better get it done before the water cooling comes in. For this case where everything is seen, I say it is well worth the effort.

Thanks, I will have a look into these things - I did buy a bluray drive doh :)

Associate
OP
L1050623 by dancook1982, on Flickr

L1050624 by dancook1982, on Flickr

L1050625 by dancook1982, on Flickr

L1050629 by dancook1982, on Flickr

L1050632 by dancook1982, on Flickr

L1050633 by dancook1982, on Flickr

L1050634 by dancook1982, on Flickr

L1050635 by dancook1982, on Flickr

L1050636 by dancook1982, on Flickr

L1050637 by dancook1982, on Flickr

L1050646 by dancook1982, on Flickr

So I'm cooling an overclocked i7-6700k and overclocked Titan XP on a single 240 rad.. temps and noise are fine!

fire_ex_temps by dancook1982, on Flickr

Soldato
Sick, lovely work dude.

But can't help think you need one of these...
impact-8-black-rough.jpg

Maximus VIII Impact Black Edition? :p

Associate
This is pretty, its always nice to see ITX systems done well, it takes that extra effort over an ATX / MATX system to do it well, good job fella.

Soldato
Looking at it again I have 1 tiny criticism: CPU to GPU tube.

Since the EK GPU blocks have no determined in and out, you can use the ports any way you want. Couldn't you switch the GPU tubes around so the CPU to GPU tube is totally vertical? Feels a little untidy to have CPU and GPU ports align perfectly yet not make use of it.

But as I said, personal preference and a tiny criticism. Awesome work.

Associate
OP
Looking at it again I have 1 tiny criticism: CPU to GPU tube.

Since the EK GPU blocks have no determined in and out, you can use the ports any way you want. Couldn't you switch the GPU tubes around so the CPU to GPU tube is totally vertical? Feels a little untidy to have CPU and GPU ports align perfectly yet not make use of it.

But as I said, personal preference and a tiny criticism. Awesome work.

Cheers, yes quite - I did the left GPU tube first because I thought it would be least likely to kink on the way to the pump...probably would be fine with the other.

:D thanks

Associate
Wow, the DDC actually fit, n1.

From what I can tell, newer EK GPU blocks does matter, they have the same jet plate design as the Supemercy cpu blocks. I could be wrong though.

Cheers, yes quite - I did the left GPU tube first because I thought it would be least likely to kink on the way to the pump...probably would be fine with the other.

:D thanks

You could use 90 degree EK fittings if you want to completely avoid kinking.

Associate
OP
Back
Top Bottom