Lila Connect - VX Fibre 1gig - Stoke on Trent

Man of Honour
Me, I only have 4G SIM available, and I'll happily take anything at this point. :D

Can you get a more powerful receiver so you can get 5G?
I don't know how these things work.
It's amazing how I've just been sitting in my office at the hospital with a 5G tower 100 yards away getting 950mbps but in my house I get 5mbps.
Grief what's happened there?

Soldato
I've only been on Lila connect for about 2 weeks now and for the most part it's been ok. A couple of drop outs here and there and I am getting a small amount of packet loss in pretty much every game I play. It's enough for it to be disruptive and causes hitching at times. Has anyone else here had issues with packet loss? I am on the gaming package

Just to give an example, this is a 15 minute session of Valorant - Screenshot says 0% outgoing packet loss but it does jump as high as 16%-18%

Last edited:
Soldato
Just to update, I did some troubleshooting with Lila on the phone with a guy that was very helpful. Did all the usual stuff, resetting the router, turning off the SDD and changing ethernet cables. Still got instant packet loss though. Now Lila have requested that I run WinMTR for 24 hours pinging 8.8.8.8 and to then send the details.

I feel like I'm going to be stuck in a tech support loop with this issue though and I really don't want the hassle

Soldato
Another update -

I completed the WinMTR test and it showed a 2% loss which Lila said indicates a stable connection, however I'm continuing to have packet loss in literally every single multiplayer game that I play

OcUK Staff
Can you get a more powerful receiver so you can get 5G?
I don't know how these things work.
It's amazing how I've just been sitting in my office at the hospital with a 5G tower 100 yards away getting 950mbps but in my house I get 5mbps.
Grief what's happened there?

I honestly have no idea, networking is not my strong point, is there something you can buy, would it have to be a new router or an add-on device? I currently use a TP-Link router with a SIM card.

Soldato
So this is where I'm at with Lila, as the WinMTR to 8.8.8.8 was clear as far as they're concerned my connection is stable and I'd need to pay a £50 'troubleshooting' fee to get an engineer out to try and find the issue. I think I'll be returning to Virgin 1GB :)

Man of Honour
I honestly have no idea, networking is not my strong point, is there something you can buy, would it have to be a new router or an add-on device? I currently use a TP-Link router with a SIM card.

There is a thread about 5G Routers and you could ask if an external antenna makes much difference.
Can you get any 5G signal out of your property?
If so there's a good chance a router with the antenna will work.

Back
Top Bottom