Lila Connect - VX Fibre 1gig - Stoke on Trent

Associate
Spoke to a CS on lila, Something to do with CGNAT and the way it provides my ip, and shared ip, and the way it all works.. Basically, ive now got my own ip, and everything is working........
They did want me to contact manypets, and get it whitelisted, and Mircosoft too, as i was having issues with them, and any other website i may of had an issue with in the future..... not really the way to go imo..

The whole IP thing shouldnt be an issue, and it should have been something that they sorted out properly, CGNAT is a bandaid, and the issues I had I can imagine will only get worse when more people sign up

Soldato
CGNAT isn't really the problem it's the way that Lila have implemented it here using a public IP that's registered outside of the UK. Most likely Sweden.

It could be that they've moved it but IP geolocation databases can be very slow (at best) to be updated. I have a couple of IP ranges that were moved from Belgium to UK in 2018 and depending where I look it'll sometimes say that it still is in Belgium.

Soldato
As I said, that'll be down to how Lila have implemented CGNAT rather than CGNAT itself. If CGNAT were inherently problematic then internet access from mobile networks would be struggling.

There's definitely times when CGNAT is undesired but for most people and assuming it's setup correctly then it's a none issue.

Man of Honour
Just in case you haven't received it -

Hi David
We are contacting to notify you of planned maintenance work.

We'll be completing planned maintenance works between 1am and 2am on the 26th October 2023. We anticipate there will be a short period of downtime where your internet services will not be available in the following areas:
  • Stoke-on-Trent:
    • Weston Coyney
    • Tunstall South
    • Tunstall North
    • Tunstall East
    • Trent Valley Road
    • Trentham
    • Spring Garden Road
    • Sneyd Green
    • Shelton New Road
    • Sandon Old Road
    • Norton
    • Newcastle Road
    • Meir South
    • Meir
    • Lysander Road
    • Honey Wall
    • Hartshill
    • Foster Court
    • Fenton East
    • City Road
    • Burslem
    • Boothen South
    • Boothen Road
    • Blurton
    • Bentilee
    • Ubberley
    • Amison Street
    • Algar Road
    • Abbey Hulton
    • South Molton Street
  • Leek:
    • Wallbridge Drive
    • Leek South-East
    • Leek North-East
    • Leek North
    • Leek East
    • Leek Center
  • Haverhill
    • Haverhill East
  • London
    • Grosvenor Gardens
    • Eccleston Place
  • Crewe
  • Colchester
    • Town Hall
    • Abbey Field
  • Bristol
    • Shirehampton West
    • Henbury
    • Goodring Hill
Once the works have been completed, your services will restart as usual.
Otherwise, please restart your wall-mounted SDD and Router to initialise the connection.

For further updates, please log in to your LilaConnect account and visit the Service Updates page.

If you have any further issues or questions, please contact us via [email protected]

We apologise for any inconvenience this might cause and appreciate your understanding.

Yours,
LilaConnect Team

Man of Honour
My mate in Blurton has a problem.
Both his laptop and PC only run at around 170mbps where WiFi is way faster.
I've just shown him mine doing 960mbps but he never gets more that 170.
Any idea what's going on?

Associate
Does anyone here play League of Legends? I was wondering what the ping is like in-game for others with LilaConnect.

jT7MiSf.png

Associate
I had Lila installed on Tuesday (the first on our road) it is hooked my to my UDM Pro and I'm seeing solid GbE speeds. Does anyone know much about the SDD (Service Demarcation Device) that they mount to the wall? It appears it is essentially a switch with a SFP+ and seven 1GbE ports based on label on the box it came in. I'm a little disappointed they are not 2.5GbE ports, I was hoping to add a 10GbE SFP+ module to my UDM Pro to see some slightly faster speeds, I wonder if it supports link aggregation.

It looks like there is another model that offers 2.5GbE. https://www.ctcu.com/en/product/QSW-4204M.html

Based on this very similar model with an RF module it looks like it may support link aggregation, but tbh this is not something I have any experience with https://www.ctcu.com/en/product/GSW-2020C7.html.

KgchWaz.jpeg
NS6Rp2j.jpeg
AlQewIK.jpeg

Last edited:
Associate
I'm using my own router and the Zyxel provided one as an access point with DHCP, firewall etc turned off. Randomly, it will disconnect about once a day. Could this be due to no WAN connection?

Associate
Lila stopping installing in Penkridge. They did 1 street and a few other house's and then left. Also the similar in Shoal Hill, Cannock. Although they put all the handover points and ducts in but have not bothered installing the actual fibre.
Voneus have now taken over in Penkridge.

OcUK Staff
I've been waiting over 2 years for Lilaconnect now, I'm just going to accept that I'll be on 4G for the rest of my life. (I live in Hanley on a newish estate, they installed the cable on the street a year ago, but I've never been connected up) There's no fibre on my street at all.

Associate
I've been waiting over 2 years for Lilaconnect now, I'm just going to accept that I'll be on 4G for the rest of my life. (I live in Hanley on a newish estate, they installed the cable on the street a year ago, but I've never been connected up) There's no fibre on my street at all.
Seems like they have a habit of doing things by halves.
It was Nov 2022 they emailed saying they were laying fibre in our area. I'd be well disappointed if I'd got the ducts in and nothing was being connected :(

Associate
Has anyone had to cancel before their 18 months has come to an end? We are moving house soon and the new property does not get Lila so I need to cancel.

They are trying to tell me I need to pay the full monthly charge of £24.98 for the remaining months plus a £49 admin fee. But as far as I’m aware the monthly charge is split in 2 - £14.99 for the 18 month 250gb package and then a rolling 1 month IAD package for £9.99, so surely I should only have to pay one month of the IAD side of things, not 8 months which is what I have left?

Associate
My friend has just had a call from Lila to say that they are moving all customers away from static IPs (the select few that have them) and everybody will be on dynamic IPs, but with Open NAT.

Associate
My friend has just had a call from Lila to say that they are moving all customers away from static IPs (the select few that have them) and everybody will be on dynamic IPs, but with Open NAT.
That seems odd. By default everyone is on their standard service which is CGNAT. They only started the new "Gaming" package a few months ago which included the static IP at an extra £5 per month. If everyone is being moved to dynamic with open NAT, are they getting rid of CGNAT.

Back
Top Bottom