Lit Fibre

Associate
Do all you guys on the 1Gb package have the Pro router?

Called them up and they said it does but I didn't get any confirmation in the order email.
Should be included...

lit.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
That's pretty bad. Can't see your imgur post.

It's wifi 6 2x2 on 5ghz. Would expect at least 500Mb in the same room.

What device are you using? Phone?
Right next to router it is 350mb, they gave me free mesh for upstairs but that didn't really change much. On lit app when I do speed test it shows 938 mbps but in real life I can't see those numbers.

Soldato
Right next to router it is 350mb, they gave me free mesh for upstairs but that didn't really change much. On lit app when I do speed test it shows 938 mbps but in real life I can't see those numbers.
The Lit app is testing the line speed no doubt. Basically the speed from the ONT.

What phone are you using for testing

Associate
It is phone 14

So after a long chat with customer support, I have been told I'm getting the speed to my router and if it is not reaching all around the house I should order another mesh. I guess I'm not getting any new router. :( very disappointed.

Last edited:
Soldato
It is phone 14

So after a long chat with customer support, I have been told I'm getting the speed to my router and if it is not reaching all around the house I should order another mesh. I guess I'm not getting any new router. :( very disappointed.
Yeah that's a shame. Most ISPs doesn't include a top end router in the bundle.

Hence why I'm set on getting the pro hub. This is for my sister BTW. I've only got Openreach where I am.

Associate
Had my Lit install this morning. All went well, after the engineer had located where the ducting for my fibre actually ran. Have switched over to my UDM Pro, using cloned MAC address. Now looking to get my static IP added, as they seem to have missed it off the order

Back
Top Bottom