Lit Fibre

Associate
Can anyone on Lit Fibre 100 confirm the actual download /upload speeds that they are getting with the provided modem and also confirm the latency.

Also which version of the gigaspire modem did they provide with the 100 service & number of ethernet ports

Am weighing up moving to them from VM

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
I guess we're all on CityFibre now

Just received the email myself. It was only a matter of time before they were swallowed up, just hope that nothing really changes as it's been great since I joined them last September.

Caporegime
Yeah I sometimes look at the CityFibre providers and it seems like there's a lot of dross on there, probably the only Lit equivalent was No One and they've been swallowed up.

Caporegime
Full text of the notification email:
As always, we want to keep you in the loop about any changes here at Lit Fibre. We wanted to let you know that we will shortly be acquired by CityFibre.

Who are CityFibre?

The CityFibre network serves more than 3.5 million UK homes and businesses, making it the country's largest independent full-fibre infrastructure provider. To find out more visit www.cityfibre.com.

What does that mean for you?

The great news is that you don’t need to do anything. Lit Fibre and CityFibre are committed to providing you with exactly the same pricing and fabulous service you currently enjoy.

What’s next?

We will be back in touch in a few months' time to let you know more about the benefits of this change. To find out more about Lit becoming part of CityFibre, visit https://litfibre.com/news/lit-fibre-acquired-by-cityfibre/.

If you have any questions please get in touch with us (details are below).

Best wishes

Tom Williams & Ben Bresler (Co-Founders)

Associate
Just received the email myself. It was only a matter of time before they were swallowed up, just hope that nothing really changes as it's been great since I joined them last September.

I also received the e-mail myself today that was one my main concerns when I signed up with them that the company would be taken over within a few years. I finished my free 6 months in December I do hope that CityFibre will honor the contract that I signed with Lit Fibre as I am only paying £27 for fibre 500 on a 2 year term.

The good news in my area the full fibre competition has increased now we have the Fibre Heroes network and BT full fibre installed in the road now so I have options.

Last edited:
Associate
Would anyone like to share their Asus router setup for static IP please? Ive been given one, given a MAC to clone, put it in but it's failing. The only way I can get internet is by setting the WAN IP style to automatic. If I change it to static IP, put the IP address in and the MAC, it asks for a subnet and a default gateway, and then I get destination host unreachable on pings

Associate
Hi all,
Does anyone have an issue viewing videos on Twitter on mobile over wifi? I'm getting the same experience as I had with the IPv6 problems, namely a 10+ seconds lag for something to happen. When I click on a tweet with a video on, it waits and then after a while it starts playing. If I switch to 4G connectivity I get no issues at all. Testing it, during the 'wait period' if I disable wifi so my phone switches to 4g the video starts pretty quickly. If I then re-enable wifi during playback it will sometimes pause the video again after the 4g buffered part has presumably finished.
Just wanted to see if this is a me issue before I contact support.
Thanks.

Associate
To all those on Lit...with hindsight, would you sign up for a 24mth contract with them?

Just had a card through the door to offer 6mths free on their 24mth contracts - £20/mth for 100Mb, £25/mth for 500Mb and £35/mth for 1Gb.

Currently on Giganet 500/70 paying £37/mth on a rolling 1mth contract, very tempted to sign up for Lit's 1Gb offering, but wary about signing up for 24mths

Associate
I resigned for a 24 month contract, they were guaranteeing no in contract price rises when I did this. Is this still the case?

Guess I'm being screwed though as I'm paying £27 per month (500Mb) for the 2 years, didn't realise they had dropped their prices.

Associate
I resigned for a 24 month contract, they were guaranteeing no in contract price rises when I did this. Is this still the case?

Guess I'm being screwed though as I'm paying £27 per month (500Mb) for the 2 years, didn't realise they had dropped their prices.
Yeah, splashed across their website is a big banner stating no mid-contract price hikes, so I'd assume that applies to all connections, not just those initiated through the website

Needless to say, you're happy with the service if you've resigned for 24mths, right?!

Associate
Needless to say, you're happy with the service if you've resigned for 24mths, right?!
Did a year at 1Gb and found that apart from Steam rarely did the link get to go over 500 so resigned at the lower speed. That was a year ago now so only 12 months left. Hasn't been perfect but for the price and speed I'm happy.

Associate
To all those on Lit...with hindsight, would you sign up for a 24mth contract with them?

Just had a card through the door to offer 6mths free on their 24mth contracts - £20/mth for 100Mb, £25/mth for 500Mb and £35/mth for 1Gb.

Currently on Giganet 500/70 paying £37/mth on a rolling 1mth contract, very tempted to sign up for Lit's 1Gb offering, but wary about signing up for 24mths
Yes, I definitely would - I've got 10 months left. I pay £24pm for LIT500 on a 2 year contract and had 6mths free. The installation was 3 working days from my order and apart from minor issues it's been very reliable. I get unreliable readings of the speed from device to device, but to be honest it's plenty fast enough for my usage (wfm, TV streaming, online gaming, downloading game updates, internet browsing etc...). Their Customer Service is very good compared to (m)any IT companies I've worked with in the past. I accidentally cut my cable in two when doing some garden strimming on a Friday lunchtime, and they came out and re-cabled it FOC within hours and I was back up and running by 5pm. I dread to think what would have happened had I been with BT or someone like that!! Amazing! I can count unscheduled downtime on one finger, and scheduled maybe 3-4 times so far, and it's around 2am for an hour max, so wasn't an issue at all. I will review the market come renewal time, but I'm 99% I'll stick if the price is still competitive.

Soldato

My sister has a sweet deal in her area.

Last edited:
Associate
I been happy with the customer support, phoned them on Christmas day and I would look at another deal from them.

Just checked the price for the 500Mb within my area for 24mth contracts it is £32/month, I am currently paying £27 which is fixed to June 2024.

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anyone got the Lit Hub Pro? Any good. Can't find a pic or the specs of it anywhere

ihvyXy0.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom