Logitech G to Collaborate with Herman Miller

Soldato
So is the Vantum still trash as I like the idea of something better than a standard gaming chair with good warranty but cannot afford to be frank 1400 quid on the embody. I can get s refurb Sayl for under 300 or can get a refurb embody for 990

Last edited:
Soldato
Took almost 5 months to get here but the Atlas headrest is finally here!

zw0w7Ts.jpg

Associate
So is the Vantum still trash as I like the idea of something better than a standard gaming chair with good warranty but cannot afford to be frank 1400 quid on the embody. I can get s refurb Sayl for under 300 or can get a refurb embody for 990
Look into the amia

Soldato
What is your initial report? Is it any good?
The quality is OEM, it's what you would wish HM had created. It's incredible well made and adjustable, it makes the chair feel complete when sitting back.

However, it's still obscenely expensive for what you get. HM is right, it does not need a headrest. It really is a luxury. I got stung with import fees which takes this up to £260 not worth it imo.

Also the aloudy armrests are perfect.

Associate
So there's 25% off these right now which ends just before Black Friday so I suspect they might have a week where it's 25% + 5% BF discount code.

From those who have them how bad is the noise from them?

Associate
Does anyone else find this chair pushes their shoulders forward? I'm finding it comfortable but I can't sit with my shoulders back as far as I usually would naturally sit because the rounded backrest pushes them forward

Associate
Haha yes. Owner for over 13 years. This is a bad slouching chair or reclining. It makes you sit properly which is good and bad.

The stiffness adjustment on the back will increase the "flex" and make the top come out closer to your shoulder blades. Trade off is you need to lean back more firmly to de flex it and get the lumbar support. I was always around middle tension plus half a turn(ish) personally.

Just make sure you sit with your ass all the way back and adjust from there.

Soldato
Tried the Logitech Embody. Very nice chair, though only comfortable for up to around an hour for me. After this I had back/shoulder discomfort - not pain (I have no back or shoulder issues) but just an awareness that the plastic supports are there. Could also feel that some areas of the back rest had the extra padding while others didn't, it wasn't a smooth and symmetrical feeling. I felt my body was telling me that if I sat in this for a few months/years, I may develop back or shoulder pain, it did not feel good. The chair also got noticeably warm after an hour or so. I think I'm just too used to mesh chairs to be able to stand sitting in a padded foam chair all day.

Returned it and bought the Aeron remastered instead. I can sit in this for 12 hours (work & gaming/media after work) with no discomfort, no 'awareness' that I'm sitting in a chair, just a feeling like I'm floating and being fully supported while doing so. The arm rests are also much more comfortable. The chair is also silent, no squeaks no clicking. Of course being a mesh chair, this is lovely and cool to sit in, fully breathable which is amazing for our increasingly warm climate.
The forward tilt setting is also amazing, I use this when I'm "really" working, or if I'm working on an object/hobbycraft on my desk.
I’d HIGHLY recommend that anyone considering either the Embody or Aeron tries them out in a showroom. Unfortunately I could not find anywhere in Wales that had an Embody to try, so had to order it (and then return it).

Last edited:
Associate
My current chair is fairly old; and I'm in (fairly desperate) need of an upgrade, I've been looking at pulling the trigger on one of these for a while now; is it worth it? And should I get the Atlas headrest as well? or try the chair first and order the headrest if I think I need it?

Soldato
My current chair is fairly old; and I'm in (fairly desperate) need of an upgrade, I've been looking at pulling the trigger on one of these for a while now; is it worth it? And should I get the Atlas headrest as well? or try the chair first and order the headrest if I think I need it?
try the chair first, you might not even need it. Its more a luxury product, its much better for leaning back in the chair and watching movie or playing game. Its something you can buy later and add.

Soldato
Tried the Logitech Embody. Very nice chair, though only comfortable for up to around an hour for me. After this I had back/shoulder discomfort - not pain (I have no back or shoulder issues) but just an awareness that the plastic supports are there. Could also feel that some areas of the back rest had the extra padding while others didn't, it wasn't a smooth and symmetrical feeling. I felt my body was telling me that if I sat in this for a few months/years, I may develop back or shoulder pain, it did not feel good. The chair also got noticeably warm after an hour or so. I think I'm just too used to mesh chairs to be able to stand sitting in a padded foam chair all day.

Returned it and bought the Aeron remastered instead. I can sit in this for 12 hours (work & gaming/media after work) with no discomfort, no 'awareness' that I'm sitting in a chair, just a feeling like I'm floating and being fully supported while doing so. The arm rests are also much more comfortable. The chair is also silent, no squeaks no clicking. Of course being a mesh chair, this is lovely and cool to sit in, fully breathable which is amazing for our increasingly warm climate.
The forward tilt setting is also amazing, I use this when I'm "really" working, or if I'm working on an object/hobbycraft on my desk.
I’d HIGHLY recommend that anyone considering either the Embody or Aeron tries them out in a showroom. Unfortunately I could not find anywhere in Wales that had an Embody to try, so had to order it (and then return it).
this is a issue I read often when hunting reviews on the chair. Some seem ok with the chair and think its the most comfortable, others just don't. The padding issue was something they tried to address by adding more padding in the update they did a few years back. I still think its too light on padding all around. I am surprised they did not just add extra padding to be on the safe side. Specially the back part where this whole pixelated back support is, you can sometimes feel pressure points in some positions.
The other much more common problem is the shoulder issues you describe. This I believe is caused because the chair has the tendency rolls shoulders forward in some people, also the chair is not ideal for very tall person. Having said that many tall people have bought the chair and are happy with it.

I think the Aeron is definitely the safer bet for an long term office chair and its recline is just excellent, its a much better built chair in my opinion. The embody feels plasticky and flimsy in comparison to an aeron but that is also why it offers such fluid back support. The aeron is a more rigid chair that forces you to sit within certain parameters in enforces on you and if you are buying a ergonomic office chair like this for the first time, I would really allow a few weeks to adjust to. The embody is more forgiving and adapts to your body better and is more flexible.

I also think the chair is a tad bit overpriced, I personally don't think the chair is worth over £1000 hence why they are always discounting it. The aeron is definitely worth the asking price, its solid chair that will last lifetime. I have seen embody start to look, not worn out, but used looking after few years. The back material does not hold up well over time like the mesh on the aeron does.

Back
Top Bottom