Logitech G to Collaborate with Herman Miller

Soldato
The list price is always higher than you’ll end up being able to get it for, same as with the high end chairs. I was expecting something fancier tbh. There’s some unboxings on YouTube now but nothing in depth. Have to wait and see what the new Steelcase is like, although again I’ve read it’s not a flagship replacement for the Gesture.

Associate
If you’re not fussed about warranty then I can recommend the Herman Miller outlet on EBay. I bought the Embody Logitech G version from them a week or so ago. It was like new, but comes in a different box to the retail one. They say customer returns, but I couldn’t see any signs of use other than on the castors. The price also seems to have gone up a bit on the HM website now to £1496!

Soldato
Since the rona and the uptick in working from home, prices for nice chairs and general home office stuff went north very quickly and don’t look like coming back down any time soon. I‘m trying to get my Leap v2 reupholstered with new fabric as it’ll be cheaper than trying to source an Aeron Remastered or Embody which I might not get on with anyway.

Associate
I have multiple spine injuries from when I was younger, including spondylolisthesis and multiple prolapsed discs etc (awaiting more spine fusion surgeries). I have a Herman Miller Embody in my home office, it's excellent. Takes a little getting used to, can feel uncomfortable at first but once you get it dialled in and your body adjusts you'll never want another type of chair. I can sit for 8 hours without pain even with my injuries, I would highly recommend to all :). I liked my original Embody so much that I treated myself to the Logitech version when it released years ago.

Associate
The Vantum seems like a lemon.

Broke during the review lol. Doesn’t seem much better on reddit, reputation hit for HM.

Oh dear, that’s very disappointing. Going to watch it now just out of interest but glad I’m not currently in the market for a new chair! Must say, even just aesthetically I don’t particularly like the design of the Vantum.

Associate
Well just had my first issue with my Logitech Embody. The arm guides appear to be damaged on one side, so the arm now falls down to its lowest position with no resistance. I can see that the plastic guide sleeves are cracked if I lift the arm up. I've contacted Herman Miller, this will be a good test of their highly rated customer service. Will report back, hopefully with good news. :)

Associate
Well just had my first issue with my Logitech Embody. The arm guides appear to be damaged on one side, so the arm now falls down to its lowest position with no resistance. I can see that the plastic guide sleeves are cracked if I lift the arm up. I've contacted Herman Miller, this will be a good test of their highly rated customer service. Will report back, hopefully with good news. :)

Customer services got in contact with me first thing Monday morning, after I emailed over the weekend. They asked for some additional details and pictures etc. Hopefully should have a new arm assembly on it's way to me shortly, will be disappointed if it's anything else!

Associate
Customer services got in contact with me first thing Monday morning, after I emailed over the weekend. They asked for some additional details and pictures etc. Hopefully should have a new arm assembly on it's way to me shortly, will be disappointed if it's anything else!

So this took a little longer to sort than I'd have liked, given the cost of the chair etc. You have to submit the request through the internet, so there's a delay in getting a response. Once I did get one the representative I spoke to ended up going around in circles for a few days asking for the same details over and over again, which was a little frustrating. Eventually got someone else to help though and they had it solved the same day.

Parts take about 2 weeks to arrive. To stop your warranty being voided you have to let an "engineer" visit to undo a couple of bolts and fit the new one :p. Found that quite funny but at least it will be sorted, likely not until the end of November though.

Caporegime
So this took a little longer to sort than I'd have liked, given the cost of the chair etc. You have to submit the request through the internet, so there's a delay in getting a response. Once I did get one the representative I spoke to ended up going around in circles for a few days asking for the same details over and over again, which was a little frustrating. Eventually got someone else to help though and they had it solved the same day.

Parts take about 2 weeks to arrive. To stop your warranty being voided you have to let an "engineer" visit to undo a couple of bolts and fit the new one :p. Found that quite funny but at least it will be sorted, likely not until the end of November though.
wow imagine paying so much for a chair and having to wait so long for a fault to be fixed

Associate
wow imagine paying so much for a chair and having to wait so long for a fault to be fixed

Quicker would be better but it’s not a big deal being the arm assembly. I’d still rather have the superior chair with the 12 year warranty than anything else available. :)

Moaning about supply chain issues in the worlds current market would be pretty daft. You do love moaning though, so not surprised. 44,000 plus posts of negativity, must be a hard life.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom