Logitech G to Collaborate with Herman Miller

Caporegime
Quicker would be better but it’s not a big deal being the arm assembly. I’d still rather have the superior chair with the 12 year warranty than anything else available. :)

Moaning about supply chain issues in the worlds current market would be pretty daft. You do love moaning though, so not surprised. 44,000 plus posts of negativity, must be a hard life.
rather get a 10year warranty ikea chair with superior support :rolleyes:

369 posts being a must be a terrible toll you've suffered

Last edited:
Associate
rather get a 10year warranty ikea chair with superior support :rolleyes:

369 posts being a must be a terrible toll you've suffered

You sponge off the benefits system don’t you? So I imagine you’ll happy to take an IKEA chair, it’s free for you :p. Shouted at any more NHS workers recently? Get a grip mate, on and off the forums.

Nice free IKEA chair for you to spend all your free time on OCUK ranting about immigration, embarrassing life.

Caporegime
You sponge off the benefits system don’t you? So I imagine you’ll happy to take an IKEA chair, it’s free for you :p. Shouted at any more NHS workers recently? Get a grip mate, on and off the forums.

Nice free IKEA chair for you to spend all your free time on OCUK ranting about immigration, embarrassing life.
No I am an investment banker

Associate
For anyone looking to pick up the Embody with the Black Friday discount, I used "tim5" for an additional 5% off. That is TimTheTatman's discount code, but even if he annoys you, I'm sure it's not enough to ignore an additional £75 off your chair :)

Associate
So this took a little longer to sort than I'd have liked, given the cost of the chair etc. You have to submit the request through the internet, so there's a delay in getting a response. Once I did get one the representative I spoke to ended up going around in circles for a few days asking for the same details over and over again, which was a little frustrating. Eventually got someone else to help though and they had it solved the same day.

Parts take about 2 weeks to arrive. To stop your warranty being voided you have to let an "engineer" visit to undo a couple of bolts and fit the new one :p. Found that quite funny but at least it will be sorted, likely not until the end of November though.

Update on this. Herman Miller were struggling to confirm a date for replacement parts due to supply chain issues etc. Instead they replaced the entire chair with a brand new one! Wasn't the outcome I was expecting but they were very helpful and said due to the long warranty they didn't want a customer waiting months etc. They booked a private courier who came and collected the old one, unboxed the new one and helped my partner (I was working) get the chair up the stairs. :)

I already recommended the chair itself but now I would also be happy to recommended the company themselves too.

Associate
Moving house in the new year and starting to get in to the market for an upgrade from my ageing Markus.

Looking between the two usual hitters, Aeron or Embody but looking to get in to try them out properly. Is the London showroom still open? It's down the road from my companies office so I can make an afternoon of it if they are taking appointments. If not, does anyone have any recommendations of where I can size them up before purchase, not too bothered about gaming branding or anything just interested in the chairs themselves.

Soldato
Are these chairs worth the money I'm 6"5 would these be recommended?
It's worth checking out the BTODv channel on YouTube.

They are in the business refurbishing office chairs, and they have in-depth analyses on most big brand office/task chairs. Their videos have actual footage of their members sitting and moving around on it in a real-world usage settings to demonstrate the pros and cons of each of the chairs.

Off the top of my head, the comfort of the back for the Embody is a bit of hit and miss depending on the person due to how it "dig into the back" and some might not like it, and also it does not offer as "firm support" for the back if that's what people prefer.

Aeron generally is more designed for those that are ok with being in the upright position without too much moving around (it IS a task chair after all); the Embody on the other hand is more for people that likely to move around a lot (better range of movement for arms and legs) with good comfort in more leisure setting.

Associate
Finally managed to order a black Embody! Moving to my new house on the 18th so it'll be delivered in the days after! This mad road is almost over, January somewhat disappeared from under me.

Associate
Aaaaand I caved.

Initial thoughts; comfort levels are a better fit for me and I really like it. Build quality/longevity and arms - Aeron is still king.

I've always strongly disliked the hard plastic edge of the Aeron seat, it digs into the thigh for me.

Does the Embody suffer the same issue?

Back
Top Bottom