Madame Web (2024 - SSU)

Man of Honour
Oh my days, Sony's Marvel films, other than Spider-Man, tend to be awful, and this trailer suggests that trend will continue.

Good lawd, as a massive Marvel nerd, I'm finding it harder and harder to like the MCU, it's just becoming more and more diluted, characters with no arcs just having a short one off film with no real pay off. This must be what it feels like to be an older Star Wars fan once Disney got hold of it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I mean to be fair the spider related Sony films are well above average. Homecoming, FFH. NWH, Into the Spiderverse, Across the Spiderverse, Venom. Even the second Venom was acceptable. Never seen Morbius nor planning on Kraven the Hunter. But if there's some "webbin" involved, i'm all in.

(Maybe I'm just playing SpiderMan 2 on the PS5 too much but all the leaping around like spiderman by the bad guy has got me all excited, plus the lady with the iron spider-esque arms)

rp2000

Soldato
Venom was a pretty good comic book movie up until the final act/fight between the symbiotes. Fell off a cliff at that point

Last edited:
Soldato
SCU rather than SSU?

I think it looks ok, will definitely watch it. Also, Madame Web is a hottie.

Edit - I don't like her any more after I Googled her and found out she's seeing Chris Martin off of Coldplay.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Trailer doesn't do it for me.
And usually trailers are the best bits.

Acting seems a bit.. Wooden.
By that I mean particularly the voices sound like reading from a script.
You cant really tell without the visual any sense of emotion.

Last edited:
Associate
I agree, the acting all around seemed very lacklustre. Sydney Sweeney in particular is like some school play-level acting.

Last edited:

img

img

Associate
I dunno the characters but i thought it was going to be another series until it said cinema at end of the teailer. Could be interesting but then i like time things

Soldato
From my very limited understanding, this character isn't an action hero type but more like a "wizened giver of tasks and advice" a bit like The Oracle in Matrix or The Ancient One in Hulk etc. Plus, as she is usually portrayed as an elderly lady who is paralysed, blind and telepathic, it's an interesting choice to make an action film around her.

I guess (and I just looked this up TBH) she 'could' be based around her after "the gathering of the five" which would make more sense but I've no idea if the writers will mention anything about this as its deep comic lore.

For those wanting to know a little more about the character -

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom