Mafia 2 demo!

Associate
Demo is up chaps :)

Bah i'm 20 minutes late, need more coffee!

I really hope this has a benchmark function, i'm still undecided about whether to grab a GTX460 or pay a little more for a GTX470.

Soldato
Main gripe instantly is the use of objects inside the house at the start, feels a bit finnicky and you can't tell from a distance what you can/cannot use, cue walking endlessly into objects to see if they are usable.

I know it's only a window, but I'm worried it's going to get in the way of everything else, a lot of objects like the picture below, trying to "use" it, you have to face it dead on, slightly looking to the left/right a bit and it won't work, it's not based on the camera either, more what direction your character is facing

objectuse1.JPG

In fact, if I just let the character stay there, if he turns his head in idle, the option appears, disappears. Odd.

Last edited:
Associate
Bah rather crap performance and the gfx aint that good still has jaggies even tho aa is on ingame.

Maxed settings.

Damn that's a shame, maybe try messing with AA setting in the control panel. This is a totally new engine so it might require some fiddling to get things looking right.

I made a benchmark thread in the graphics card section btw hoping that more people would notice it, would you mind adding your score?

Permabanned
Runs great on my 4870 and i5 rig, 1920x1080 with all on high and the physx crap off, anti-aliasing only has an on or off setting and kills performance completely.

Doesn't look that jaggy with AA off though unlike a lot of games.

Soldato
Ok installed newest drivers helped but can get a bit slowish with max except medium physx and medium shadows.

Also i hate accelerated mouse it makes aiming damn hard.

Gfx aint too bad i suppose.

Back
Top Bottom