Mafia 2 demo!

Soldato
This runs like an absolute dream on my 5850 stock settings and my PII X4 955 @3.8ghz, the benchmark gives me an average of 58fps with vsync enabled and max settings AA & AF the lot. GTA take note! I cant wait for this game

Soldato
Finished the demo. Runs great, looks great, great gameplay aswell. Will get getting this for sure!

Also I've never played the first one, worth playing now?

Soldato
Finished the demo. Runs great, looks great, great gameplay aswell. Will get getting this for sure!

Also I've never played the first one, worth playing now?

Just thinking the same mate, never played the 1st one would like to hear some peoples reviews of it, dont know how it would run on a high end system tho being such an old game

Associate
Just played through the demo. Combat seemed solid enough and the cars seem to have some weight to them, but after finishing it, overall it just felt a bit, well, meh..

Texture quality seems to vary as well if you look closely, ranging from detailed down to shockingly poor - maybe a result of the development time?

It's gone from a must buy to a "wait until the price has dropped" for me.

Soldato
Just played through the demo. Combat seemed solid enough and the cars seem to have some weight to them, but after finishing it, overall it just felt a bit, well, meh..

Texture quality seems to vary as well if you look closely, ranging from detailed down to shockingly poor - maybe a result of the development time?

It's gone from a must buy to a "wait until the price has dropped" for me.

Just cause of the odd texture?
They look leaps and bound on GTA....

Last edited:
Soldato
Im thinking of getting this for ps3 as it dont look like my pc will run it :/ but do i have to have played the first one? or is it not continuous...

Soldato
You really must play the first one, not in a sense that it carries on into Mafia 2, more for the fact that it is an amazing game, and was relatively unheard of when it came out, or released - I only stumbled upon it in Game one afternoon..

As for the game, it reallt grips you in, the music, the atmosphere, the environement - Everything about it is top notch. Some of the missions really are thought out wonderfully and there is so much to do. Even the cars are real to an extent they are rubbishly slow and handle badly, but thats just part of the fun and the time it is in tbh! :)

I remember (Wont spoil it) doing the last mission on a Sunday afternoon and it took me all day to do it!! :p,

Back
Top Bottom