Manor Lords

Soldato
This was noted over at Discord regarding pricing

pricing.png

Associate
Hilarious yet, exactly what I was looking for - I loved The Settlers and love a medieval style city builder with a bit of fighting on the side. The fact it is for the most part a one man project means I expect there to be some bugs but I'd much rather pay for this than a Ubicrap game.

I mean the ubisoft equivalent to this is Anno and that series is as good as it gets for city building.

Associate
Will be buying as Mack loves it
Same, been following it for a while, gutted its releases while im away for a few days with the Mrs.

Really hope like BG3 this does really well and is well recived. Shoving one finger up to the digusting *Tripple A* scene.

It's a sad thought to think, that as great as this game will be, it could be 5 years by time we see a full release, and however amazing it will be by full release, will there be enough to warrant playing it again having played it during early access and as each new feature is added.

Soldato
Love this sort of game, kinda reminds me of Stronghold is the general feel im getting.

Definitely going to give this a go if the price is right.

Soldato
It's a sad thought to think, that as great as this game will be, it could be 5 years by time we see a full release, and however amazing it will be by full release, will there be enough to warrant playing it again having played it during early access and as each new feature is added.

Yeah it's a real shame that 'early access' is even a concept these days. This game I'm sure will be great having played the demo. But I don't see much replayability given how 'complete' the game is at this stage. Would much rather games are fully developed before any sort of release. I blame steam.

Soldato

Yeah, I avoid that by not generally 'doing' EA.
like I wonder how fun BG3 first act was for people who played it so many times on EA.

The few times I have got involved in EA was games that already had loads of content and were in a generally playable state, Satisfactory strikes me as an example, I joined on update 8 or 7, whatever is latest.

Last edited:
Associate
Ive only watched part of the streams ... does it look good? ... couldnt tell if the fighting was any good. looked sort of like a poor mans 'total war'...
The combat element wasn't in the demo released last year so I can't say first hand - but from the YouTube videos of the past few days it looks fairly mature. Just have to wait and see - we'll find out next week! ;)

Back
Top Bottom