Marvel Heroes

Caporegime
OP
So is there PvP or what? Debating buying that £120 pack.

Yep

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/0...el-heroes-releases-june-4th-will-have-pvp-on/

Regarding PvP, the team recently announced some new information about what it will be like. PvP is faction-based; your account will be aligned with one of three factions. The three factions will battle it out in a contested area with a variety of overall objectives. As for endgame, after players finish the storyline, there are a number of challenges that players will face, many of them centering around the idea that all the characters have an ultimate power. Players who finish the storyline (usually around level 30) can unlock this ultimate power by collecting tokens that drop from various bosses. There will be some endgame content that's for smaller, coordinated groups, and then there is content that requires much larger numbers of players, although it's very inclusive in that multiple parties can all participate together and players can jump in at any point.

Caporegime
OP
So the founders package, that literally gives you like 20 chars to play, the ability to buy some costumes cheaper and 5% exp increase? So if I want other packs etc I have to buy them? But what do I use the in game cash for? The Deadpool pack is £40 but you get £36 of in game currency? Confused :(

In game cash can be used for heroes, costumes and boosts.

Essentially RP if this were LoL ;)

Caporegime
OP
Right ok, so even though it's £40 to get the pack and I get £36 of in game currency does that mean I'm £4 short of buying another pack or is there different values?

I don't think these packs will exist once the game is launched, and no idea if there will be packs in game or what they would cost.

I got the X-Force pack, so I get 4 heroes and an extra costume for each for essentially £4, and £36 to spend on other things once the game goes live.

How big is the client? Dunno if its worth downloading for one night.

10GB

Caporegime
OP
Current roster:

Scarlet Witch lvl 17
Cyclops lvl 16
Ms Marvel lvl 7
Rocket Raccoon lvl 6
Colossus lvl 4
Hawkeye/Blank Panther lvl 1

Switched my founders pack from X-Force to Marvel Now, as Cyclops is great, Rocket Raccoon apparently rocks at high level, and Thor seems powerful.

Also learning some tricks for the proper launch, like keeping a stock of level 3 gamma particles (I had upgraded a bunch to level 4).

The level 3 gammas are used to upgrade your blues to purples :D

To do this though, you need to donate loads of loots to your crafters.

Caporegime
OP
but you have to be careful, the ones you don't pick are then subsequently only available via the store or drops? is that right?

Correct, whichever you pick becomes yours and the others are no longer available. The only way to test the other starting ones is to create a new account.

There is plenty of discussion surrounding this on the forums, so if we are lucky they might change things for go live, but at the moment this is how it is.

General feedback on the starters is to avoid Daredevil, that Hawkeye/Thing only become fun to play after level 20, and Storm/SW are generally the best starters.

Caporegime
OP
ah cool, were they from specific bosses or just in general play?

All general play for me, that is the way of RNGs.

Pookie - You missed the boat, if you had purchased a premium pack by last weekend, you got additional in-game currency, meaning you could buy the hero or two that aren't in your pack.

Sadly, that early bonus expired.

Furbs - No idea, possibly, though I would be surprised if it didn't have some sort of monetary aspect, and fair play to Gazillion, if you want to put no money in, then grind for your life.

Caporegime
OP
Hit 30 before, killed Dr.Doom. The game is easy as hell and there is no end game beyond some PvP. A very nice level of polish to it however so it's a damn shame.

A. The game is currently coded to increase xp gain, gear drop rates, and the enemies are easy-mode. This is so that beta testers can blitz through the content and test things. It will be fairly different on launch.

B. The end-game content isn't even available yet, it will be patched in the closed beta next week.

Back
Top Bottom