** MASSIVE NVIDIA PRICE DROP!!! **

OcUK Staff
OP
So, in short.
We no longer have the ability that we had pre legislation?

Correct.

But as the guy who mentioned monitors we view backlight bleed or poor finishes a fault and will refund in full even if the law stipulates we could legally give a partial refund as with monitors we class it as a fault.

But people who think they can buy a VGA card, clock it to hell and back, obtain some scores, then return to us under DSR, then yes you are correct a re-stocking fee will apply. Don't laugh we've had a few customers do this under DSR.

Your buying a new VGA card based on reviews, its specification and from the many photos and potential videos online. You know you want and need it, so unless it was faulty you'd have no need to return it.

OcUK Staff
OP
But the point is that it isn't a satisfaction guarantee any more, but you're still saying it is.

The example about the monitor was with regards to something like, I buy a TN monitor after reading reviews claiming it's a great monitor and doesn't suffer from the usual issues of TN panels. I buy the monitor, it has horrible colour shift. I am not satisfied at all. I bought it under the impression I was buying it with OcUK's superior 14 day satisfaction guarantee, which should mean I get a full refund since I'm very unhappy with the colour shift.

The stance really isn't that clear at all.

All TN panels have colour shift though, there is not one on the market which does not.

OcUK Staff
OP
Well, that's okay then.

On the overclocking GPU's, I think buying any GPU and returning it under DSR if it's a poor clocker to be a bad show. But what about if you've bought a GPU geared to overclock, and it overclocks like crap?

Coil whine is a fault.

Surely you'd send back as a fault as then your shipping is covered??? :confused:

OcUK Staff
OP
Well, that's okay then.

On the overclocking GPU's, I think buying any GPU and returning it under DSR if it's a poor clocker to be a bad show. But what about if you've bought a GPU geared to overclock, and it overclocks like crap?

Overclocking is not guaranteed and never has being. If it runs at the manufacturers claimed clock speeds which is normally higher for ones geared up for it then it is not faulty.

OcUK Staff
OP
But we've been told nothing has changed for 99% of users. As Martini has suggested, if I bought a GPU that had bad coil whine (which isn't technically a fault as it doesn't hinder the graphics card's ability to carry out its function) I'd want to be sending that right back for either a full refund for replacement.

We'd except it back.

Hence why nothing has changed for 99% of users. :)
We'd simply return the product to manufacturer for a refund and if they refused we'd question our future with them and b-grade the product.

This is why with many of our partners such as XFX we have special warranty terms as they except all items we return to them for any reason to give our customers greater range of cover and improved support. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
But it would be on a satisfaction guarantee, as that would be the purpose of spending more than other models that aren't built and advertised as an overclocker's dream. Like some are (lightnings, for example).

You'd spend more because they come at higher clocks out the box.
Any overclocker knows that overclocking is not guaranteed and it is simply GPU lottery.

OcUK Staff
OP
I know overclocking's not guaranteed. But in this instance, if you're buying a card that's been pimped out by the vendor as the overclocking king of cards, and you've got one that clocks like a bag of spuds (Lower than the average overclock of reference cards) how is it fair that they've spent over the tops for it on the sole basis it's an overclocking card?

That is the risk with overclocking.

Back when I was overclocking I would buy several if need be to get a good one. :)

What I would not be doing is expecting the store I purchase from to take back perfect working goods from me which they can't sell as new and would loose money on.

Before 8 Pack came working for us, in one week he once purchased 7 Lightning cards from me.

OcUK Staff
OP
This is where the confusion has arose, as I know the colour shift of a TN panel isn't a fault, and I wouldn't expect it to be taken back as faulty because of this. It's nice to hear that in such a situation, I wouldn't have to worry about being charged a restocking fee. I still think calling it a satisfaction guarantee could be asking for trouble with certain things though, as it has a very certain implication.

But this is why for 99% of our customers nothing has changed. :)

The only people who will be effected by this is those buying parts, typically VGA cards, overclocking them and then returning them as they don't clock good enough. Thankfully such individuals are less than 1%

OcUK Staff
OP
Which would be acceptable if you bought a run of the mill card, not a top of the range card geared towards overclocking. You buy that card to remove the risk.

Take the Asus ROG Matrix ones. One could spend like over 100 quid more on one of them than a reference, but it's possible for one to have lower OC potential than a very average reference card. It just seems wrong, I don't think anyone but the manufacturer should take the hit, but they won't, which means the consumer now is taking the hit.

Silicon lottery, it is no guarantee and the people buying such cards fully understand this and so do you. They will not be refunded in full.

Back
Top Bottom