McDonald’s general discussion

Soldato
I had a Big Mac meal last week, first McDonalds i had in years, was barely warm and i thought quite dry.
The fries weren't bad, just too few of them.
I won't be going back again unless there is no alternative.

I also had a debate with my daughter over her pronunciation of McDonalds.

I heard her say it as "Muck Donalds" :confused: and i said no its "Mac Donalds".

Her reasoning is, that as it doesn't have an A in the Mc bit, its pronounced muck lol. She is a Millennial though :rolleyes:

I always thought that Mc was Irish and Mac was Scottish (means son of) and are pronounced the same.

Associate
McDonald's is beginning to remind me more and more of dog food... The eating window is around 10 minutes and after that the taste/texture barely resembles food!

Could be my local McD's - random further afield ones I have tried have been better. Maybe it's just constant hit and miss on timing.

Associate
McDonald's is beginning to remind me more and more of dog food... The eating window is around 10 minutes and after that the taste/texture barely resembles food!

Could be my local McD's - random further afield ones I have tried have been better. Maybe it's just constant hit and miss on timing.
I sometimes find if you change something about your order they need to make it fresh which increases your chances of getting something edible. I always imagine the orders with deliveroo must turn up stone cold as they are always sitting around for ages before they even pick them up most the time!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I had a Big Mac meal last week, first McDonalds i had in years, was barely warm and i thought quite dry.
The fries weren't bad, just too few of them.
I won't be going back again unless there is no alternative.

I also had a debate with my daughter over her pronunciation of McDonalds.

I heard her say it as "Muck Donalds" :confused: and i said no its "Mac Donalds".

Her reasoning is, that as it doesn't have an A in the Mc bit, its pronounced muck lol. She is a Millennial though :rolleyes:

I always thought that Mc was Irish and Mac was Scottish (means son of) and are pronounced the same.
To be fair I generally day mac but then thinking back to all my mates at school with Scottish surnames we'd generally pronounce it muck

Soldato
All food is assembled to order now, no longer do you get the joy of a double cheeseburger left on the warming rack for 10 minutes perfectly melted. It's why orders take so long to process as they can't make batches of burgers.

Wendy's is good but still on burger king prices.

Associate
All food is assembled to order now, no longer do you get the joy of a double cheeseburger left on the warming rack for 10 minutes perfectly melted. It's why orders take so long to process as they can't make batches of burgers.

Wendy's is good but still on burger king prices.
I don't think this is why they are slow now.
It's more to do with the level of delivery orders.

Back
Top Bottom