McDonald’s general discussion

Caporegime
Haven't been mcdonalds in probably 6years, but walked past an advert for a chicken big mac last night and was almost tempted :confused:

surely we've all had a partner that goes out for the night with her mates, and you tell them to bring you a big mac and fries back :D
10seconds in the microwave and it's pretty much the same cardboard anyway
Any takeaway food that’s gone a bit cold can be nicely rescued with a quick blast of electro magnetic radiation

Soldato
KFC from me is about 10 min walk away. I feel bad driving there to their drive through. I would just walk and get it, it is still warm enough to eat I get home.
I never go through a drive thru ever again on spec. As 17 years ago I was a KFC drive thru, guy in black car distracted the server, got the food before paying then drove off. Pulled up to the window "Oh that's £32 please" "I don't think so as the other car was black, mine's red and the guy had a tattoo sleeve.

Had an argument saying I am not paying for someone's order when my order was about half that - a bucket and some extra hot wings.

Soldato
I think the whole concept of getting take away food like McDonald delivered is a pretty awful representation on our society.

I mean, getting McDonalds is bad enough as it is, you are paying for pretty crap food, its basically a convenience right, because you cant be bothered to cook something yourself. Ok, I can see there is a time and a place, its no tlike I have never had one.

But its like going even one further than that, not only can you not be bothered to cook something, you can't even be arse to get up off your fat arse and leave the house to get it.

Pretty terrible really.

I can quite honest say I have never had a MdDonalds or similar delivered using of these services, ever.

I used Just eat a total of 3 times in my life, many years ago, one fo ra chinese take away one for a kebab place, even that I decided was not good and never again.

Soldato
With my friend working in a supermarket which is JE outlet. On receipts, it tells how many orders these customers have done on JE and with the shop/takeaway/restaurant in question. The customer with buying cigs 4-5 times a week at almost £5 more. He's on 310 (JE started at my friend's work end March last year) for the supermarket and 3500 for JE.

He has wasted £1550 on being a lazy sod. On that shop. Probably at least £16k overall for JE.

Last edited:
Soldato
I know we all love to judge people mums net style here but have you considered the person isn't just being lazy and that they could well be disabled and JE is providing them with a valuable service to them?

Caporegime
If you are disabled then you shouldn't be smoking that much?
That’s a pathetic viewpoint because no one should smoke, and there’s a multitude of disabilities that make it no more harmful than a healthy person to smoke.

What about food deliveries for disabled people. I suppose you think they shouldn’t be eating junk food.

Last edited:
Soldato
Reckon most of the customers of these delivery companies suffer from only one disability - lazitius.

My friend who works at a supermarket got an order for £119 on JE. Her and a couple of colleagues reckoned if they ordered through the supermarket website for delivery later on - if order before 4pm, earliest delivery is about 6:30pm would have cost them about £82 with the delivery charge (JE order was placed just after 2pm). A litre of vodka is £5.50 more on JE than the supermarket, Friend's workplace does not do online shopping for those who order through supermarket website or app. That's another store 5 miles away.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Well it’s awful rubbish it truly is!! I’ll happily make anyone who thinks McDonalds coffee is good regardless of price a decent coffee that will educate them!!!

I haven't eaten in McDs for 15+ years, but I do occasionally get a coffee from there if there's nothing else. Sure, it's no artisan, hipster, beard braided male, or female nipple pierced braless barista, and it's not going to be as good as that, but for what it is, it's better than instant coffee.

Last edited:
Soldato
I haven't eaten in McDs for 15+ years, but I do occasionally get a coffee from there if there's nothing else. Sure, it's no artisan, hipster, beard braided male, or female nipple pierced braless barista, and it's not going to be as good as that, but for what it is, it's better than instant coffee.

Particularly when factoring in price id take a McDonald's coffee over any Starbucks/Costa/and other similar ********.

Even not factoring price......

To be honest I know this is a McDonald's thread so apologies about going on a tangent a bit bit those coffee places are something else, I think anyone that goes to those places needs their head examined, and that fact they even exist goes to show you that in general people don't have it as hard as they think they do.

Soldato
Agreed but that’s a low bar!

Soldato
Well it's warm weather so of course our local McDonald's milkshake machine was out of action :(
The beauty of the McDs app tells you on selecting location of McDs. If their McFlurry/milkshake machine is out of order, the options are greyed out.

That machine is out of action more times than usual. Heard because they don’t put the machine into cleaning mode- should be done every other day (ideally at night) and because they don’t clean it as much, it breaks down more often

Soldato
Having worked at McDs and have extensive experience dealing with one of those machines, that’s not quite the case.

The machine has to do a pasteurisation cycle daily and it’s always run at the end of the night shift, or for a 24/7 store, at the crack of dawn when they are switching to breakfast. If you don’t, it locks out. This is usually on a timer and you can’t ignore it, the machines pretty clear when it wants you to put it into its pasteurisation cycle.

The pasteurisation cycle only takes a few hours so if it does error out, you can usually get it going again before breakfast ends.

It needs a full strip down once per week where you’d fully sterilise and clean all the parts and tanks.

Older non-computerised heat treat machines needed a full strip down daily, I doubt there are any of these left in operation mind.

The issue is the machines are utter garbage and very unreliable. They’d regularly throw cryptic error codes and unless you are super experienced with one of them or a authorised technician, you’ll have zero idea what any of it means.

The machines are full of hundreds of tiny parts and o-rings which are prone to getting lost or broken during the strip down process.

Someone’s your right, it is just an error with the cleaning or strip down process and doing it again fixes it. Other times not so much and if it throws a code, it locks out until it’s cleared.

The maintenance and repair is locked down do you can only use their authorised techs which cost £££ and the parts cost £££. We keep spares of all the small/moving parts which are touched in the strip down process but they often develop a lot of electronic faults which we couldn’t do anything with.

Even just stupid stuff like these things are in a hot kitchen, in the summer they sell a lot of milkshake and the machines working hard, the compressor overheats and shuts down.

The older manual non-computerised machines were much easier to deal with and generally more reliable - we used to have racks of parts for those ready to go if needed.

Trust me, the last thing a franchise owner wants if for this machine to be out of action, they are literally money printing machines when they are operating correctly.

Last edited:
Soldato
Having worked at McDs and have extensive experience dealing with one of those machines, that’s not quite the case.

The machine has to do a pasteurisation cycle daily and it’s always run at the end of the night shift, or for a 24/7 store, at the crack of dawn when they are switching to breakfast. If you don’t, it locks out. This is usually on a timer and you can’t ignore it, the machines pretty clear when it wants you to put it into its pasteurisation cycle.

The pasteurisation cycle only takes a few hours so if it does error out, you can usually get it going again before breakfast ends.

It needs a full strip down once per week where you’d fully sterilise and clean all the parts and tanks.

Older non-computerised heat treat machines needed a full strip down daily, I doubt there are any of these left in operation mind.

The issue is the machines are utter garbage and very unreliable. They’d regularly throw cryptic error codes and unless you are super experienced with one of them or a authorised technician, you’ll have zero idea what any of it means.

The machines are full of hundreds of tiny parts and o-rings which are prone to getting lost or broken during the strip down process.

Someone’s your right, it is just an error with the cleaning or strip down process and doing it again fixes it. Other times not so much and if it throws a code, it locks out until it’s cleared.

The maintenance and repair is locked down do you can only use their authorised techs which cost £££ and the parts cost £££. We keep spares of all the small/moving parts which are touched in the strip down process but they often develop a lot of electronic faults which we couldn’t do anything with.

Even just stupid stuff like these things are in a hot kitchen, in the summer they sell a lot of milkshake and the machines working hard, the compressor overheats and shuts down.

The older manual non-computerised machines were much easier to deal with and generally more reliable - we used to have racks of parts for those ready to go if needed.

Trust me, the last thing a franchise owner wants if for this machine to be out of action, they are literally money printing machines when they are operating correctly.

Nothing gets past your eyes.

Back
Top Bottom