**** Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Thread ****

Soldato
Surface Pro 4

Planning on getting a SP4 and was wondering whats the best model to get when balancing performance and cost? Most people say its the i5, 8gb, 256gb model and I tend to agree. Having said that, was curious if it's worth going for the i7 instead of the i5?

Also, 256gb is a bit on the low side, would a large SD card be a good way of adding extra storage (for music, pics, etc)? What's the max size SD card I can get for the Surface?

Any other advice, or should I even consider the Surface Pro at all?

Soldato
I mainly plan to take handwritten notes on it and more generally as laptop replacement (so potentially anything really). Just wondering if the i7 would be good future proofing. Is it just the gpu that is faster or is the actual cpu considerably faster?

Soldato
Planning on getting a SP4 and was wondering whats the best model to get when balancing performance and cost? Most people say its the i5, 8gb, 256gb model and I tend to agree. Having said that, was curious if it's worth going for the i7 instead of the i5?

My brother has the very top end SP4 and loves it.

Associate
Still loving my Surface, now given the iPad to the Wife and my gaming machine is gonna be setup just for gaming on the living room TV (and steam streaming back to the Surface for when the TV is in use) and the laptop is in the bin.
The only real gripe I have is now that I've got a dock (Boss gave me his old Plugable UD-3900) I can use my monitor, keyboard etc but the scaling requires a log out every bloody time, it seems stupid to me, don't suppose I've just overlooked a setting or something?
Also (not really a problem) it feels weird using the camera login when the Surface isn't displaying anything, I have to stare at a blank screen whilst looking out of the corner of my eye to see if it worked on the other screen.
Lastly as a tablet it could really use some more apps (more a Windows 10 issue I guess) there is still no iPlayer and using the web versions isn't good in tablet mode.

Associate
I just cannot justify ordering a Surface Pro 4, it is just physically too big for my travelling needs. My Linx 7 copes with all my travelling requirements and fits inside my jacket pocket, the Pro 4 just isn't going to fit.

Associate
Had my SP3 pro i7 for just over a year now and it hasn't let me down yet!

Only gripes are the metal magnetic catch on the flip stand is starting to peel off, the glue is wearing out, I'm going to clamp and super glue it i think as I dont want to have to get a new device and reinstall! Anyone else have this issue?

Recently got a microsoft wireless adapter which is great for listening to music, wathing 1080p youtube videos, but really struggles with HD movie files.

I have fiddled with the channel selection on my sky router, 6 seems to work the best without to much interference. Am i head in the clouds thinking the display adapter has enough oomph to play HD files from the surface? I have a 10gig movie file that stutters constantly, is there a maximum bandwidth, anyone else have a hdmi wireless display adapter and want to share their experience?

Back
Top Bottom