**** Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Thread ****

Associate
I can kind of agree with the above sentiment about just picking it up and using.

I.e. if you don't put it to sleep you have to re-start it and then log in with a password, which takes time and is slower if you havent got the keyboard attached.

Ipads are in a constant sleep mode unless physically turned off so can be in a browser in a matter of seconds, whereas the surface is a bit more of faff!

Has anyone had much experience of the face recognition on the surface pro 4, it it any good?

Associate
Another frustrating thing with the SP3 pro is the magnetic strip started to peel off the kick stand about a year ago, it only seemed to last 6 months!

Anyone had any luck fixing this?

Man of Honour
October 26th in NYC surface event, lots of rumors (including an AIO device, but no surface pro/ book rumoured next year) about what they'll release but no concreate stuff.

I hope its more hardware than just an AIO, I hope we get a new wearable, seeing as they've abandoned the band, I really hope that's not the end of it and that there maybe a surface style watch instead.

Associate
Just got one of these (i7 16gb ram) and it is really loud. so loud that I might get a headache from it. and this is just from downloading and browsing. Will most likely return it and this is taking the **** for a £1400 device.

Associate
Just got one of these (i7 16gb ram) and it is really loud. so loud that I might get a headache from it. and this is just from downloading and browsing. Will most likely return it and this is taking the **** for a £1400 device.

Mine is completely silent for everything other than exporting a lot of photos in lightroom and playing rocket league.

I do seem to remember it being loud when I first got it but after the initial updates it disappeared.

You can also adjust the processor power settings so its doesn't use max power on all but the most demanding tasks.

Associate
I must be getting old I just find all this creativity and publishing to social media really boring, who cares what rubbish I create in paint :)

Man of Honour
agreed,
be nice if they made a simpler to use sketchup software, with3d printers in mind.

edit - now that is much belter use of mixed reality.

Last edited:
Associate
I think it's cool, now everyone can create a image then view it using their £3k headset. Some of it is a bit gimmicky though, I would hate using some software in VR for a long time.

Man of Honour
wow how to completely skip the interesting bit, vr for $299, what is 6 degrees of freedom and how does that compare to other vr on the market.

Back
Top Bottom