Monaco Grand Prix 2016, Monte Carlo - Race 6/21

Soldato
better than merc.

It's generally accepted the RB chassis is pretty on par, maybe slightly behind, the Merc. chassis.

The Ferrari isn't really that close and the McLaren, well, do we even know? Does it matter? They can't do anything with it anyway!

Caporegime
That whole statement of smr's is lol. The bit where he says something is the best on the grid apart from these 3 other things which are better, and then the part where he claims the McLaren chassis is better than RBR and as good as Ferrari.

smr

smr

Soldato
That whole statement of smr's is lol. The bit where he says something is the best on the grid apart from these 3 other things which are better, and then the part where he claims the McLaren chassis is better than RBR and as good as Ferrari.

oh lol! When I said "after" I meant "before"... I can see what the lols are about now... Gah it's been one heck of a long day and that was in the middle of fixing frustrating computer problems for my customers. :D

So to clarify, and I'm awfully tired so I hope this makes sense...

RB > Merc > Ferrari/McLaren in terms of chassis. I don't know if the McLaren chassis is better than Ferrari's.. but if it's not it's very close. McLaren were quicker in S3 Spain in Qualifying than Ferrari, which is a good indication of chassis performance with it's low speed twisty turns.

Last edited:
Soldato
McLaren were quicker in S3 Spain in Qualifying than Ferrari, which is a good indication of chassis performance with it's low speed twisty turns.

Not if 90% of the other races don't have have the same low speed twisty turns.

The clue came a few years ago when gear ratios were restricted. Unless you're a master, or have unlimited budget, there's no sense in betting the farm to develop an all-conquering chassis. Instead you build a chassis, engine and aero combination to maximise performance on enough races to win over the course of a season.

If you strive for 100% perfection, you'll...er... end up with McLaren. Utter dominance for one year in twenty and then a rule change and 20 years in the midfield.

Soldato
Any attempt to position the McLaren chassis is unfair given the boat anchor its having to haul around with it.

Ah come on, that's not a nice thing to call Jenson...

Rosberg and Hamilton have swapped their crews. That probably why Hamilton now has Rosbergs unreliability this year.

So half the Merc. mechanics are either inept or guilty of sabotage?

Soldato
Will the ultra soft give a new lap record?

Didn't they change something about the circuit last year, the LR for the current "layout" was only set in 2015, so I think there's a good chance :p

Before that it was about 4 seconds faster on the "old" layout, so it's still optimistic we'll see the fastest ever lap of Monaco.

Not exactly sure what changed, slight re-profiling of some corners maybe? Turn 1 curbs seem to stick in my head as having been altered.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Well, I won't be watching this race.

My father and I have never liked Monaco but usually try and watch the F1 together. One of the few things we shared. It's unlikely he will still be with us come the race this weekend after suffering from 3 cancerous tumours these past few months (and likely before).

So, in his honor I will be boycotting this race, for no gain other than I won't be able to watch it with him anyway.

That said, I do hope for an alternative winner again this weekend.

Soldato
Well, I won't be watching this race.

My father and I have never liked Monaco but usually try and watch the F1 together. One of the few things we shared. It's unlikely he will still be with us come the race this weekend after suffering from 3 cancerous tumours these past few months (and likely before).

So, in his honor I will be boycotting this race, for no gain other than I won't be able to watch it with him anyway.

That said, I do hope for an alternative winner again this weekend.

Sorry to hear that bud - all the best :(

Back
Top Bottom