Monaco Grand Prix 2016, Monte Carlo - Race 6/21

Man of Honour
Didn't they change something about the circuit last year, the LR for the current "layout" was only set in 2015, so I think there's a good chance :p

Before that it was about 4 seconds faster on the "old" layout, so it's still optimistic we'll see the fastest ever lap of Monaco.

Not exactly sure what changed, slight re-profiling of some corners maybe? Turn 1 curbs seem to stick in my head as having been altered.

Oh, okay - that sucks then. I love seeing how the new spec regs compare to the old lap times, but if the track is different then it's hard to compare.

Soldato
Merc then its very very close between RBR, Ferrari and McLaren. Barcelona is the best track to evaluate chassis in the final 3rd and Alonso was almost bang on with DR in the last 3rd. Its the Engine letting McLaren down now not the chasis.

He says with his rose tinted McLaren specs firmly in place ;)

smr

smr

Soldato
"Now"...?

The engine has been what's let McLaren down from the moment Ron scrawled his name on the contract.

he meant "just" the engine now... the chassis has been **** poor for the past few seasons as well. Especially 2013, or 14, whichever season it was where it looked like it was driving on square wheels. Uggghh..

Soldato
Man of Honour
Rosberg was probably going to beat the time before he hit a manhole cover and got a puncture. The same manhole cover totaled Button's front wing and red flagged the session. It was pretty crazy. If that had been head hight Button would have been KO.

Back
Top Bottom