Monzo/Starling Banking/Revolut

Soldato
Dissapointed that Money Dashboard is shutting down. It was a great platform, but ultimately if they've been unable to monetise it then it was always a tough prospect. Glad i didn't stick any money into the Crowdcube investment they did.
I thought it was just one of the products? Not the actual main thing?

Soldato
I saw it was both Classic and Neon so not sure what else there is?

Although it is odd that i've had emails, but there's nothing on their web page as you log in, so maybe i've misread it.

That seems to suggest everything, but then it's weird there's no warnings all over the login screen

Soldato
The fact they kept saying "Neon and Classic", as in, to be specific about what was closing is what threw me. If it's just closing, no need to explain more detail surely? :D

Associate
Dissapointed that Money Dashboard is shutting down. It was a great platform, but ultimately if they've been unable to monetise it then it was always a tough prospect. Glad i didn't stick any money into the Crowdcube investment they did.
I used to use money dashboard for years, but at the start of this year ended up just switching my main account to Monzo and getting most of what money dashboard was giving me out of just the native app. I'm assuming the value they provided is now just provided natively by most bank apps.

Soldato
Yeah I was a bit surprised.... Not that I have loads in my current account, but it was still more than Ive earned on a savings account in the last decade :p

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Yeah these rates are great but the tax payable is gonna be a pain in the ass from a paperwork perspective. Does this need self-assessment?

Permabanned
Yeah these rates are great but the tax payable is gonna be a pain in the ass from a paperwork perspective. Does this need self-assessment?

Unless you’re in the 45% tax band (and thus filling in a self-assessment form already) you can earn at least £500 in savings interest tax free. If you’re a basic rate tax payer, it’s at least £1,000.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I was a bit surprised.... Not that I have loads in my current account, but it was still more than Ive earned on a savings account in the last decade :p

Same, I think it's the most interest I've earned ever (£13.58). Even in the recent past Starling was giving me about 70p per month. :D

Soldato
Unless you’re in the 45% tax band (and thus filling in a self-assessment form already) you can earn at least £500 in savings interest tax free. If you’re a basic rate tax payer, it’s at least £1,000.
Even in 40% bracket it needs to be declared as income and could see you lose your personal allowance. It's a grey area I'm chancing by not declaring interest but reckon they'll give me a call soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom