*** Motorola Moto X Style/Play Thread ***

Caporegime
Battery life is good I think, Ive played lots of youtube (3+hrs) AngryBirds2 (30+mins), browsed the internet, messing around with moto assist voice commands and it hasnt run out of charge.

here are some indoor pics with curtains closed,

IMG_20150827_122821741_zpsqge59vfa.jpg~original

IMG_20150827_122832944_HDR_zpsj5jlgs3d.jpg~original

IMG_20150827_123040375_zpsfutppasz.jpg~original

IMG_20150827_123121967_zps5dilgtb0.jpg~original

IMG_20150827_123347810_zpslmhbbfd7.jpg~original

Getting that circle in the right spot to focus and auto adjust the brightness I find does help in low light.

Soldato
Battery life is good I think, Ive played lots of youtube (3+hrs) AngryBirds2 (30+mins), browsed the internet, messing around with moto assist voice commands and it hasnt run out of charge.

What percentage level did that drain the battery down to? Just curious to see how the large 3600mah battery holds up in use.

Caporegime
What percentage level did that drain the battery down to? Just curious to see how the large 3600mah battery holds up in use.

TBH I aint paying attention to battery usage, levels, before and after etc.

Im just using the phone like I did the previous one which would have given me a 30second shutdown warning long ago.

Associate
I think either of these two could be my next phone. Sick of my iPhone 5s and want back to android. As far as I can see however any of the so called flag ship smartphones seem to have poor battery life. If the style had the bigger battery it would be perfect. Maybe will end up saving some cash and getting the play instead. Why has no company made a top spec phone with a big battery? I realise it makes the phone larger but surely it would still sell

Soldato
the style had the bigger battery it would be perfect. Maybe will end up saving some cash and getting the play instead. Why has no company made a top spec phone with a big battery? I realise it makes the phone larger but surely it would still sell
Rumours of a Moto X Force are leaking just now for release in December with a 3700mah battery, QHD screen, 810 and 3gb ram and 32/64GB internal

Associate
Rumours of a Moto X Force are leaking just now for release in December with a 3700mah battery, QHD screen, 810 and 3gb ram and 32/64GB internal

I've actually already picked up the play and just having a play with it. So far I think what I'm missing (QHD screen, better CPU, GPU and ram) I'm OK with missing out on. I don't play mobile games so as long as it is quick enough in the apps I use it should be fine. Although that has a bigger battery its going to use a lot more powering everything and be a lot more expensive. Reckon I might end up staying with this

Soldato
Hmmm, all I read was that the Play could be a little choppy sometimes due to a conservative governor focusing on battery life, and the cameras on both phones aren't great in low light.

Soldato
I've actually already picked up the play and just having a play with it. So far I think what I'm missing (QHD screen, better CPU, GPU and ram) I'm OK with missing out on. I don't play mobile games so as long as it is quick enough in the apps I use it should be fine. Although that has a bigger battery its going to use a lot more powering everything and be a lot more expensive. Reckon I might end up staying with this

Makes sense. I've considered the play myself but have the same concerns in regards to what I'm missing. I dont swap phones a lot (still on an M7) so I'm a bit concerned with longevity and pointlessly tempted to wait for the 820 just because... new

Associate
Wish they wouldn't apply the same accent colour to the front speakers as the back, some of the colours look awesome on the rear of the phone but ridiculous on the speakers.

Had a nice theme in mind but might have to go bland because of the speakers :(

Soldato
Well I picked up a Play off Amazon. I bought gift card from Morrisons for their fuel save (25p off per litre, 67 litres is a normal fill for me, so £16.70 off the £250), plus 1.25% with my American Express. All adds up.

Anyway, the point of this post was battery life. I am impressed. This afternoon / evening was the first time I have had to recharge it since starting to use it. That's almost 3 days use, and with over 4 hours and 10 mins screen time. Plus all the work it's been doing setting everything up, downloading all my apps, updating everything, connecting to everything, calls etc...

I am impressed. As a stop gap until some reviews come out for something with a snapdragon 820, it will do me fine.

Associate
After having used it for a few days I'm glad I went with the play over everything else. I'm not convinced any other phone could make it through the day as well as this one does. Went to bed last night with 35% left. I've had phones have less than that left by lunch.

Back
Top Bottom