*** Motorola Moto X Style/Play Thread ***

Soldato
Worth upgrading to the pro to get the gesture swipes and other features too.

I can see Nexus 5x is up for £299 on CPW but only 16gb and no expandable storage. Still deciding whether it will be the Moto X Play or the 5X

Soldato
Only just seen this phone and first impressions are good.

The big draw to the LG G4 was the camera; manual mode and raw photos etc. How does this compare? Also does it allow manual/raw etc? If not stock then third party.

If buying not from Motorola, like JL or Amazon, what's the accent colour? Looks like their metallic dark grey but it doesn't say and I can't tell.

Last edited:
Soldato
Only just seen this phone and first impressions are good.

The big draw to the LG G4 was the camera; manual mode and raw photos etc. How does this compare? Also does it allow manual/raw etc? If not stock then third party.

If buying not from Motorola, like JL or Amazon, what's the accent colour? Looks like their metallic dark grey but it doesn't say and I can't tell.

The camera is not in the same league as the G4, more a mid ranger.

Associate
I see the Motorola Droid Turbo has been announced by Motorola and Verizon. I believe this could be the same phone that will be released here in UK called the Moto X Force?

Interestingly it has 'ShatterShield' which evidently the phone is "guaranteed not to crack or shatter" for four years. :cool:

Oh I would like a challenge :D:D

Having still got Moto X 2014 and in honestly can't really fall out with it, I'm hanging on to see if this phone does indeed make it here. Well I say I can't fall out with it but battery could be better as could camera in low light and screen is a pain outside on really bright summer days.

http://www.androidheadlines.com/201...rola-droid-turbo-2s-shatterproof-display.html

http://www.androidcentral.com/droid-turbo-2/home

I do applaud the big battery and the shatterproof display as a step forward as I've cracked my fair share of screens over the years. I could probably live with the 5.4" dispaly size too.

Back
Top Bottom