Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Soldato
Not sure how the competitor clause would work but I'm sure the likes of Ferrari would be more than happy to buy him out of his contract.
Ferrari. Mercedes. Aston Martin. I think even Haas and Williams would find the money down the back of the sofa if they thought they could sign Newey. Might put a fiver on Albon to win the 2026 championship in the Newey designed FW48. ;)

Associate
Alonso sticking with Aston because....?

or

Lewis going to Ferrari because....?

Love a good silly season :cry: Your drivers and top 3 paid team personnel aren't included in the cost cap, aren't Ferrari just set to announce a large sponsorship deal with HP?

*edit*

https://press.hp.com/us/en/press-kits/2024/scuderia-ferrari-hp.html (Seems it just announced), might go with the whole Blue themed Ferrari at Miami too given HPs colours as well.

Seems Horners antics may have done more damage than he realised.

Last edited:
Soldato
Alonso sticking with Aston because....?

or

Lewis going to Ferrari because....?

Love a good silly season :cry: Your drivers and top 3 paid team personnel aren't included in the cost cap, aren't Ferrari just set to announce a large sponsorship deal with HP?

Seems Horners antics may have done more damage than he realised.
You couldn't make it up, oh someone just did.
Allegations, not antics.
Still Andrian was really only part time and was working on alternative projects, which he might be happy to still do in semi retirement.
However it's all guesswork...

The only individual who has been suspended has now been question under their right to appeal as well...

Last edited:
Associate
All I'll say on the Horner matter is it was blindingly obvious in my eyes, the released screenshots and the internal 'investigation' which found no wrong doing scream cover-up.

But you're right, it is all guess work at the moment and he might just call it a day.

But we're bored F1 fans in an era of Max-Domination, so all we get to do is speculate or comment on the race for P2.

Man of Honour
At 65 I half expect Newey to retire; he could make millions doing some part-time consulting if he wanted to; he's barely been interested in F1 preferring the special projects stuff outside F1 the last decade.
I also think its probably wishful thinking to believe that him walking into say Ferrari would magically sort them overnight.

Man of Honour
Ferrari. Mercedes. Aston Martin. I think even Haas and Williams would find the money down the back of the sofa if they thought they could sign Newey. Might put a fiver on Albon to win the 2026 championship in the Newey designed FW48. ;)

If he wants a new challenge I could see Aston Martin as a decent fit as somewhere that he might get scope to carry on doing non-F1 projects like he has at Red Bull; especially with Aston also having a Sportcar programme, etc

ALD

ALD

Associate
At 65 I half expect Newey to retire; he could make millions doing some part-time consulting if he wanted to; he's barely been interested in F1 preferring the special projects stuff outside F1 the last decade.
I also think its probably wishful thinking to believe that him walking into say Ferrari would magically sort them overnight.
I won't sort them overnight but could be looking good for 2026 and the new regs.

Soldato
Certainly will cause some waves... And certainly adds to the already messy situation at RB......

Max is clearly not impressed with the whole Horner situation and the way it's been handled......

I do think Ferrari will throw millions at him to try and get a title winning car....especially going into 2026 new regs

Last edited:
Soldato
It beats talking about Horners favourite breakfast cereal I suppose?! :o :D IF he stays in F1 there are 4 options I supposed. Ferrari, Merc, AM or McLaren.

Ferrari? I heard that he didn’t want to go abroad previously which is why he never went to Ferrari before. However, one last hurrah whilst linking up with the most successful British F1 driver ever? Could be interesting. Plus they make a decent engine every now and then.. Could also get given some interesting side projects if he got bored?

Merc? Not sure, I’m sure they’d do everything possible to get/accommodate him but I don’t feel they are as much of an exciting prospect as Ferrari are. However, they do make a good engine barring the current iteration.

AM? As has been mentioned, they come with the added bonus of making super cars which are a bit more exciting than Mercedes. So he could be offered some built in side projects? I believe they also got hold of some Red Bull personnel previously so he could link back up with them? Aren’t they getting Honda back in too? I’m sure they’d like to link up again if so.

McLaren? Not really sure with this one. Like Ferrari it would be a good challenge to establish them at the front but they are still a customer car so going to Mercedes would probably do him more favours.

If I was a betting man, I’d say AM. If I was going wild, I’d say Ferrari.

Soldato
If he did want to stay in the sport, Audi might be an interesting option and might be more amenable to Red Bull as it wouldn't be a move to a current established competitor like Merc or Ferrari. They're also likely to have a decent chunk of money to burn.

Back
Top Bottom