Mountain Biking

Associate
The missus is looking at the Stoic 3 as well as the Orange Clockwork 29 Comp. Her Scott Scale 50 is a bit old, geo isn’t very favourable and with the 26” wheels looks like a child’s bike now so she’s gone all funny about wanting to ride it. Plus one of the kids needs a bigger bike and hers would do nicely.

Post up when you take delivery, would be nice to hear what you think of it.
I’ve got a 2021 Stoic 3 frame size small with 27.5 wheels and it’s a cracking bike. Only part I’ve found lacking was the brakes, mine came with sram level T which I found faded during longer descents.

Soldato
New eBike day for us :)
As previously mentioned, I ordered a carbon Trek Rail 9.7 for myself and an Alu Trek Rail 5 for my son - They are absolute beasts !
We are going to have a blast in Wales and Scotland on these :)

Both colours have a metallic finish, but his really pops in the light !

53673561873_bdca0d4b2b_b.jpg

53673700524_a1a11f1718_b.jpg

53673797870_1057301226_b.jpg

His old bike in the background : Canyon Neuron Young Hero

53673346551_baf0268f8e_b.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
If your able to keep the AM9 I'd go full DH. I have the Tues for the bike parks and Occam for 'rides'
Yea the AM9 is staying, will be dropping the lyric on front to 150 and chucking on some lighter wheels etc.

At a Canyon Demo day saturday so will have to give a sender a few runs then!

Soldato
Id have saved a few quid and just asked him to lock out the old bike rather than spend out on another new one.
The hardtail is a size up, as he was outgrowing the Full Sun Canyon.
Also, he wants to ride to school and this attracts less attention.

The old bike is on eBay and will sell for more than the hard tail cost.

Caporegime
New eBike day for us :)
As previously mentioned, I ordered a carbon Trek Rail 9.7 for myself and an Alu Trek Rail 5 for my son - They are absolute beasts !
We are going to have a blast in Wales and Scotland on these :)

Both colours have a metallic finish, but his really pops in the light !

53673561873_bdca0d4b2b_b.jpg

53673700524_a1a11f1718_b.jpg

53673797870_1057301226_b.jpg

His old bike in the background : Canyon Neuron Young Hero

53673346551_baf0268f8e_b.jpg

They look awesome. I was very close to buying one.

My new ebike should arrive tomorrow! :D

Associate
Me and my mate are going to Dyfi bike park in May. We are thinking of doing Coed y Brenin the day before Dyfi and I was wondering if anyone has ridden there and if so could give me some tips or must rides sections? We both will be on ebikes and have a B&B booked before Dyfi.

Caporegime
Me and my mate are going to Dyfi bike park in May. We are thinking of doing Coed y Brenin the day before Dyfi and I was wondering if anyone has ridden there and if so could give me some tips or must rides sections? We both will be on ebikes and have a B&B booked before Dyfi.

Don't is my advice, very xc focused (or was when I last went). Dyfi forest, not far from the bike park has some good stuff - they hold Enduro events there.

Caporegime
Great evening ride today. Some fab scenery. Legs feeling it now though - pesky winters.
If they are English bluebells then they are a protected species and they would kindly like you not to crush them with your bike.
It's against the law to intentionally pick, uproot or destroy bluebells. Bluebells have soft, succulent leaves that are particularly sensitive to being trodden on. Once the leaves are damaged, they are unable to absorb the sun and photosynthesise, so they die back and can take years to flower again

Spanish bluebells are considered invasive though, only English ones are protected.

CdQdTLC.jpeg

any Spanish ones feel free stamp on them, they cross pollinate with English bluebells and wipe them out over time

Last edited:
Soldato
If they are English bluebells then they are a protected species and they would kindly like you not to crush them with your bike.

Spanish bluebells are considered invasive though, only English ones are protected.

CdQdTLC.jpeg

any Spanish ones feel free stamp on them, they cross pollinate with English bluebells and wipe them out over time
Genuinely, thanks for the heads up!

Whilst I did try really hard not to tread on them, I'll be extra aware in the future.

Soldato
climachx is good fun, right next to Dyfi but may not be a bit short on an e-bike at 15km.

If you fancy another uplift Antur Stiniog is great.

Soldato
Was demoing Canyons today. Hugely surprised how much I enjoyed the Spectral ON, was expecting to find it really cumbersome on the downhills but it was great fun. Bit sluggish moving around in the air which initially caught me out, landing very sideways a few times but once you get used to it was fine.

For me the Neuron ON Fly felt like the worst of both worlds, heavier than normal bike and outside of boost didn't give much assistance. Feel like i would use my hardtail over the type of rides it would suit but understand why people would like it!

No Senders available and the Torque while great fun wasn't enough of a difference to my AM9 to justify.

Didn't no expect my favourite bike of the day to be a full size e bike, has potential to be a expensive few months.

Caporegime
Was demoing Canyons today. Hugely surprised how much I enjoyed the Spectral ON, was expecting to find it really cumbersome on the downhills but it was great fun. Bit sluggish moving around in the air which initially caught me out, landing very sideways a few times but once you get used to it was fine.

For me the Neuron ON Fly felt like the worst of both worlds, heavier than normal bike and outside of boost didn't give much assistance. Feel like i would use my hardtail over the type of rides it would suit but understand why people would like it!

No Senders available and the Torque while great fun wasn't enough of a difference to my AM9 to justify.

Didn't no expect my favourite bike of the day to be a full size e bike, has potential to be a expensive few months.

Yep, just replaced my AM9 with an ebike. It's better on the descents, and more fun!

Surprised the new neuron felt the worst, I considered a lightweight model. Quite glad I went full ebike. Though I still think lightweight ebikes will be the future of ebikes. Just probably be very expensive.

Soldato

Was that at Rogate?

Soldato
Decided after a face full of pap that I needed to clean everything up and move on to RRP.

Given it’s a “mini” I’m quite surprised by how large is is compared to the Syncros mudguard however it also highlights how dumb the Syncros design really is over all.

Some syncros pics followed by the RRP mini v2 and then a side by side.

Im sure the Syncros will be fine over the summer months but for the time being with the weather as it is I’ll be sticking with the RRP.

Soldato
Yep, just replaced my AM9 with an ebike. It's better on the descents, and more fun!

Surprised the new neuron felt the worst, I considered a lightweight model. Quite glad I went full ebike. Though I still think lightweight ebikes will be the future of ebikes. Just probably be very expensive.
I love the AM9 and will be keeping it for uplift days. Just so much more playful in the air than any e bike I've ridden so far.

They surprised me to, just finished a demo on a Levo SL around Peaslake and it was great, so just didn't get on with the Neuron for some reason.

Not to work out how to afford a levo SL!
Was that at Rogate?
Yea was Rogate

Back
Top Bottom