NEARLY 2 YEARS WAITING: New Mustang GT PP is finally mine!

OcUK Staff
OP
To me it'd just feel like something you'd get as a rental in the US.

I loved the GM Tahoe I had in Vegas a week ago, so much fun. But in all fairness the Mustang rentals are typically 4 cylinder / V6 with base/medium trim level. Very few companies rent the GT PP or California special V8 which to be frank is a far better car than a regular 4cyl/V6 none PP/CA car. :)

Soldato
I really want the new Mustang, I won't be in a position to get one for a couple of years (at least) but I always worried about what colour I'd go for.

Seeing your pictures has made my mind up. The colour looks superb.

I assume you're going to keep this thread updated with your many mods?

OcUK Staff
OP
I really want the new Mustang, I won't be in a position to get one for a couple of years (at least) but I always worried about what colour I'd go for.

Seeing your pictures has made my mind up. The colour looks superb.

I assume you're going to keep this thread updated with your many mods?

Yep all in this thread, to keep it easy. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
When do you think you'll be putting the first bits on Gibbo?

Knob is fitted! :D
My god its cold, went with billet/chrome one. :)

Might do the wheel tonight and hoping for dry weather tomorrow to get exhaust done.

Leaving suspension standard for now, want to learn the car on stock suspension, discover its strengths and weaknesses, then change a single part at a time to see what does what. Plus if anything goes wrong only fitting a single part at a time means I know what caused an issue or had a negative effect on drive.

Unfortunately my hood struts won't fit a UK car due to different bonnet layout, but the USA company I ordered from issued me a refund, now that is service even though they are not to blame and they don't even want me to return them.

Also discovered my strut brace won't fit also because again RHD cars different layout on strut tower, but Steeda are looking to find me a resolution. :)

Caporegime
1 day in crappy weather and it's already had a full review of grip and acceleration including 70mph runs in a car park?

Looks OK to me, maybe better in the flesh . Sorry but icemans GT350 kind of ruined the release by setting the bar so high. as it looks right now to me it looks like an American Mondeo. Wheels don't help mind you which is an easy fix

OcUK Staff
OP
1 day in crappy weather and it's already had a full review of grip and acceleration including 70mph runs in a car park?

Looks OK to me, maybe better in the flesh . Sorry but icemans GT350 kind of ruined the release by setting the bar so high. as it looks right now to me it looks like an American Mondeo. Wheels don't help mind you which is an easy fix

Guess you did not read what I wrote fully where I said it was way to early to come to any conclusions yet due to poor conditions on road. Though when I picked the car up roads were dry as was the car park for the testing, that was yesterday, today is the snow.

I have reported on how it drove so far but have said it is to early to come to any conclusion on the car and how it compares to previous owned vehicles, thought I made that pretty clear in my OP to be honest....... :)
Yes the wheels I am 50/50 on, but for now they can stay as just be pointless changing wheels on a brand new car with brand new tyres but they will be changed to something more aggressive and easier to clean in the future. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Oh man, that looks really nice! I want one!

Want to sell it to me please? I can give you £150, a pack of wine gums and a can of chicken.

Did you used to have a black mustang or something? Think I saw it parked outside OCUK some time ago? By some time ago I mean about 5 years ago before the OCUK move?

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Oh man, that looks really nice! I want one!

Want to sell it to me please? I can give you £150, a pack of wine gums and a can of chicken.

Did you used to have a black mustang or something? Think I saw it parked outside OCUK some time ago? By some time ago I mean about 5 years ago before the OCUK move?

Yes a black Saleen S197 with build #666 on it and silver stripes down centre. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Ooo, didn't know you had one of those! Got a pic? :p

Yes, sorry low-res as off my FB, but here ya go:

1923410_11281820477_8553_n.jpg

1923410_11281985477_6977_n.jpg

1923410_11281910477_5877_n.jpg

1923410_11281935477_7021_n.jpg

1923410_11281980477_6712_n.jpg

Fastest car (575BHP) I ever owned and being a Saleen it looked the part as they did the whole uprated/lowered suspension, larger wheels, bodykit etc. :)

Soldato
Lovely car, very envious of you. Haven't seen one in the flesh but shall keep an eye out for you when I'm out and about. If I'm lucky I'll see you next time you fill up at Shell, that's my local fuel station that I always use.

OcUK Staff
OP
Lovely car, very envious of you. Haven't seen one in the flesh but shall keep an eye out for you when I'm out and about. If I'm lucky I'll see you next time you fill up at Shell, that's my local fuel station that I always use.

Was there last night. :D

Come over and say hi. :)

if i could have any mustang, it would be this baby..beautiful..1965 fastback

Yep totally stunning!

Back
Top Bottom