Poll: Neknomination - retarded, or just a bit of fun?

Nenomination - retarded?

• Retarded

Votes: 302 47.6%
  • Retarded

Votes: 39 6.2%
  • Retarded

Votes: 47 7.4%
  • Retarded

Votes: 81 12.8%
  • Retarded

Votes: 66 10.4%
  • Retarded

Votes: 99 15.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
If someone nominates me I'm just going to blank it anyway. Not interested. I don't see why so many people feel the need to do it if nomninated. (although one guy on my list downed a pint of water so he's fighting the stupid system)

Soldato
I'm in one and while one or two videos were a bit too far (downing bottles of spirits) most have been funny videos where the person has only done a pint. What has happened is two absolute retards have died doing really stupid stuff but it's not their fault it everybody else's, mainly a facebook page.

Soldato
So the latest craze to sweep the banal and inane world of social media is called 'neknation' - the idea being that you video yourself drinking a quantity of alcohol as fast as possible, and post it online, challenging a friend to complete the same task within 24 hours, or else be forever loathed for breaking the 'chain'. :rolleyes:

So far, it looks like at least 2 people have died from doing this, and it seems there's no shortage of idiots taking part.

Seems to me like a waste of good booze, let alone the stupid risks involved as idiots invariably out-do one another.

Darwin awards candidates perhaps?

Anyone else found seemingly sensible friends taking part in this rubbish?

Edit: Neknation, this man is doing it properly.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/02/this-...thing-amazing-with-his-neknomination-4288467/

you're looking for sensible people on facebook / twitter :o

Associate
No harm in it at all. Quite comical really.

It really depends what you've seen though. A good amount of the one's I have watched have been harmless fun, dressed up in fancy dress and putting on a bit of a show for laughs, mostly ending up necking a bottle/pint of beer.

Then you get the chav crowd who just like to mix all kinds of crap and drink friends ****.

If people on your news feed are the latter blame yourselves for having them as friends.

Back
Top Bottom