**NEW CORSAIR ML MAGNETIC LEVITATION FANS**

Associate
these look good they can drop as low as 400rpm. they should be great for people with lots of radiators who want silence

Associate
Just as one of the fans on my swiftech h220-x has developed a nasty rattle under load, these pop up. Grabbed a white led 120, if it does the biz, will come back for a second.

Soldato
I'll be getting 5 x of the 140mm white LED fans IF the rubber dampening parts can be obtained in black as I have an all black theme with only the fans having white LED's on them so white corners would not go very well with my rig.

Gangster
OcUK Staff
OP
I'll be getting 5 x of the 140mm white LED fans IF the rubber dampening parts can be obtained in black as I have an all black theme with only the fans having white LED's on them so white corners would not go very well with my rig.

I will find out about the corners tomorrow and post about them once I have the Information.

Soldato
Says who?
These are the Mfr's own specs and usually a bit exaggerated at that... If anything, they'll be slower and even louder.

Yes, you're absolutely right. Just debating whether to bother editing the post...

The point still stands, though - Noctua drop a bit in performance for a lot in noise. Still quite a reasonable compromise IMO, more so than the Quiet Editions.

It's a great compromise. All my fans are Noctua. NF-F12s or NF-A14s.

Associate
i am using the nf-a15 pwm. mainly because it comes with a fan slower right there in the box. so if i ever want more silence or more performance or visa-versa, just plug / unplug the fan slower.

Soldato
No point comparing specs across different companies though.
Until I can afford to buy and personally test each and every one under consistent conditions, or until OCUK want to send me them for independent testing, that's all I and most other people have to go on...

Ever heard of fan control?
Turning a fan down makes it quieter, yes, but only because it's spinning slower whereupon you lose performance along with it... and most fans are near-silent below 1000rpm anyway.
The measure is in how much noise they make and what performance they get at the same rpms. Again, Noctua are still top for the compromise between noise and performance. There are quieter fans, there are better fans, but none are both as good *and* as quiet.

Associate
Until I can afford to buy and personally test each and every one under consistent conditions, or until OCUK want to send me them for independent testing, that's all I and most other people have to go on...

Well that's what I try to help with: http://thermalbench.com/category/fans/

Granted it's a single airflow restriction value used but I did test quite a few filters and rads and chose this to average it up.

Gangster
OcUK Staff
OP
Hi,

Looks like an error in the description you get just the one fan unless it states dual pack in the title. This will be corrected tomorrow.

Associate
This is super tempting but I just bought a fan controller that keeps them super silent when idle. Guess I'll stick with the 2 Corsair fans I got with my 400C and the 2 Fractal Design fans I swapped over from my old case.

May have to pick these up sometime in the future though

Back
Top Bottom