**NEW CORSAIR ML MAGNETIC LEVITATION FANS**

Associate
So these woukd be good for e.g. EK Predator 240 AIO? But why wouldn't they make good case fan replacements if intending to run at same speed as previous case fans?

Yes, but I wouldn't bother replacing the EK Predator fans. They are a side trade in terms of performance, so only change if you want different aesthetics.

As far as new case fans, you can slow these down if intended to run as case fans but that would be a big waste of money tbh. I wouldn't be surprised to see a slower speed version of these sooner than later, and perhaps also new AF style fans also.

Worth getting to replace SP120's on a radiator?
Looking at knocking some noise down.

Yes, definitely. You will notice similar performance at lower noise if you slow these down, or get a lot better performance at similar noise levels (Assuming you have the SP120 HPE or the SP120L fans).

Associate
@vsg28

Would the ML140 pro's make much difference in your opinion on a Swiftech H-240X radiator? Currently using Noctua NF-A14 IPPC 2000 pwm fans in pull. Have a feeling performance wise they wont be worth it, but they look aethestically much better.

Best

Wulf

Associate
@vsg28

Would the ML140 pro's make much difference in your opinion on a Swiftech H-240X radiator? Currently using Noctua NF-A14 IPPC 2000 pwm fans in pull. Have a feeling performance wise they wont be worth it, but they look aethestically much better.

Best

Wulf

Hi there,

I don't have the ML140 fans here yet, expecting delivery this week though. I will do a separate review for them, including comparison with the NF-A14 IPPC 2000 PWM but yeah, at this point I have no answer for you.

Associate
I was thinking about replacing the SP140L PWM fans on the Corsair H115i radiator as they're a little noisy with these fans, would it be worth it?

Gee

Gee

Soldato
That's exactly what I bought the two white 140's for mate, replacing the SP140L's on the H115i.

Will be sorting it out tomorrow so I'll take some photos :)

Associate
Hi there,

I don't have the ML140 fans here yet, expecting delivery this week though. I will do a separate review for them, including comparison with the NF-A14 IPPC 2000 PWM but yeah, at this point I have no answer for you.

Thank you for the fast reply.

Thanks for doing the testing, very much appreciated. I look forward to reading your review and being able to make an informed decision with regard to these fans. ;)

Best

Wulf

Gangster
OcUK Staff
OP
Hi,

Guys I can only apologise as Corsair have let me down and you guys as the fans have not turned up this week. I have messages them and they said the eta is now Monday - Tuesday . Again I apologise for the delay

Associate
Could yo udo a comparison vs Corsair SP fans ?
~1500rmp range would be nice!

:cool:

Sure, I will make a graph comparing the SP120 Quiet Edition, SP120 LED and ML120 Pro and share it in this thread. I am currently testing the ML140 Pro fans now.

Soldato
Sure, I will make a graph comparing the SP120 Quiet Edition, SP120 LED and ML120 Pro and share it in this thread. I am currently testing the ML140 Pro fans now.

Wooh, just what I need...thanks!

Really hoping these magnetic bad boys are a better option and I'm not a fan (no pun intended) of buying to test.

Associate
Here it is:

PdYl0xul.jpg

This is what I was expecting based on my individual fan testing as well, with the SP120 QE being an older design, the SP120 LED having a re-worked impeller, and the ML120 having improved mostly everything including the round to square frame which itself nets a 5% better performance itself.

Associate
Here it is:

PdYl0xul.jpg

This is what I was expecting based on my individual fan testing as well, with the SP120 QE being an older design, the SP120 LED having a re-worked impeller, and the ML120 having improved mostly everything including the round to square frame which itself nets a 5% better performance itself.

That's really impressive! ;)

Back
Top Bottom