New essential Android apps thread

Soldato
how to extend the time the notification stays on screen? some messages are too long to read before it buggers off :p
theres a setting (norification mirroring - duration) in the app on the phone/slate... default is 8 seconds, you can set it 4, 8, 15 or till you dismiss it. I had the same issue lol

Soldato
Duno if games are allowed in this thread but just noticed simon the sorcerer 20th anniversary edition with updated controls for touchscreens and some gfx enhancments and has the fully voice dub on from chris barry (rimmer off of red dwarf) for abotu 2 quid.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mojotouch.simon

Bargain if you ask me for such a great game that can be played on the phone now which i have been lookin for a point and click adv game for awhile that works on the phone. :)

Associate
- Today Calander widget is awesome
- Expense Manager for keeping track of your finances
- Helium for backing up app data (app settings, game saves etc)
- Tinfoil for facebook for those who don't want to have the facebook app on their phone constantly tracking your location
- Flow for reddit - beautiful card based reddit app

Soldato
any suggestions on a good game, would love a good RPG but somthing like Final Fantasy but 3-6 are overpriced and i have completed 1&2 on the PSP, the KEMCO games seem to be easy to get lost and lose track, ideally i would like a simple linear RPG with mission/objective marker so i can forget about it for a couple of weeks and go back.

currently looking at Cthulhu saves the world but it gets a lot of mixed reviews due to instability but looks like a fun JRPG

Soldato
any suggestions on a good game, would love a good RPG but somthing like Final Fantasy but 3-6 are overpriced and i have completed 1&2 on the PSP, the KEMCO games seem to be easy to get lost and lose track, ideally i would like a simple linear RPG with mission/objective marker so i can forget about it for a couple of weeks and go back.

currently looking at Cthulhu saves the world but it gets a lot of mixed reviews due to instability but looks like a fun JRPG

get super gnes and get the original zelda games (as well as all the classic snes games!)

Soldato
get super gnes and get the original zelda games (as well as all the classic snes games!)

my old phone is an Xperia Play that is now an emulation machine for such games but i dont want to take it as a second handheld its more just for when im out and about or stuck late at work.

i play pokemon on emulators but i dont think zelda would work too well with touch screen due to the lack of feedback which i why i would prefer a JRPG

Associate
Any recommended epub/pdf readers? (with zoom)

Have tried Aldiko book reader and Universal book reader but they seem very slow at turning pages resulting in the app freezing.

Soldato
Whats the best app to remove unlock code when connected to certain wifi networks. Seems to be a load of choice

I personally use Llama - it is easy to configure (a lot easier than Tasker, which I also purchased)
Any recommended epub/pdf readers? (with zoom)

Have tried Aldiko book reader and Universal book reader but they seem very slow at turning pages resulting in the app freezing.

Moon Reader+ is the best I have come across - certainly the most configurable!

Soldato
Anyone got a recommendation for a 'flip to mute' app... I don't really need the full llama/tasker stuff as the main stuff I'd use it for is covered via motorola assist

Soldato
Anyone used Tinder before? It seems good when my mates use it but it doesn't seem to work properly for me. Get maybe one suggestion a day whereas they constantly have suggestions. Another guy I know has the same issue as me on an iPhone. I can't workout why it's like it though. I got someone to try their account on my phone and it worked fine. Something to do with facebook settings possibly but comparing to my mates they seem identical.. annoying!

^ maybe girls just don't fancy meeting you? :p

tinders always been a rubbish app. i don't like that you can't delete mutual matches for starts, but also it's been slow to let me know of new messages/matches, sometimes all coming through at once. it's got better but i've given up, pof is better any way. tinder is for shy people who can't first message.

Man of Honour
Textra seems really nice. Liking the fly down message window that flies back up when you send a reply and if you don't want to deal with it at that moment click "leave it" and it will sit in the notification bar with an icon until you click it and it flies back down thus not hiding the notification bar icon and you end up losing track of messages not dealt with (as per stock app/other apps).

rps20140120_101048_765.jpg

Back
Top Bottom