New MS Teams

Soldato
My workplace has used it for some time now. To be fair it appears to have been behaving better recently than in the past. For a while it appeared to consume more memory/resource on my work desktop than anything else whatsoever.

Soldato
The new Teams is garbage (old Teams was also garbage so that's saying something), I'm still managing to hang on to the old version for now. My main complaint is the icon just says "New" rather than giving you useful info about status and new messages. So I have no idea if I have messages, defeating the entire point of the app.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yeah I dont mind new outlook - it supports all the things I need - main gripe there is the intergration with office seems to be not working at all well (e.g. send via outlook from an office app). Hopefully they iron out 'new' Teams soon as the old one was at least stable!

Soldato
We use the new Teams at work and I've never had an issue with it.

Didn't have an issue with the other version of Teams either.

Soldato
we have it at as main system at work, the new version does still seem less stable at present, its very sporadic issue wise but they do keep showing up.

As said above it seems to be slowly getting more stable, so assuming they are actually putting some effort in to sort it

Soldato
sme of the issues really depend on what ring your on and deploying.
we use it. its ok. its a memory hog. it can be slow. but its ok. its a full screen app instead of a window app like lync used to be.
its trying to be to many things .

Soldato
My organization is rolling it out and it keeps switching on my windows 11 machine - the stability of it seems awful with crashing/freezing sometimes beyond the app. Has anyone else experianced this?
One thing I forgot to mention, are you on Windows 11?

If so Windows 11 comes with its own version installed\bundled, I would check to see if you have the bundled version and the 1 supplied by your company then remove the bundled 1 as this was causing some users issues where I work.

Associate
OP
One thing I forgot to mention, are you on Windows 11?

If so Windows 11 comes with its own version installed\bundled, I would check to see if you have the bundled version and the 1 supplied by your company then remove the bundled 1 as this was causing some users issues where I work.
Top tip - I will check!

Soldato
I will admit tho, that the mobile app is useful as a companion and works great. Especially if I lose access to my desktop due to any sort of issue and in the middle of something, can just pickup the phone and continue any convo.

Associate
To be fair - its decent on the ipad when I am out and about. But the windows app (surely should be the best?) has some really gremlins in it
It’s hard to tell at this point. I know the new app is supposed to be more in line with the web version, with dedicated apps for Windows and MacOS - at least gives you some option on Linux.

Not sure about the mobile versions though, they do seem to perform better in general.

Soldato
I'm supposed to coordinating attendance for others using Teams Shifts app. In theory it's supposed to push notifications to the team's personal phones. In practice it works for a while then randomly stopped updating. After that it's a lottery as to wether clearing app data or cache will get it working. Sometimes that doesn't do it and an app uninstall and reinstall is required. All fun, meaning we have to use another means of communication, just to be sure.

Back
Top Bottom