New MS Teams

Soldato
Has anyone come across this problem? Or even better a solution to it? The correspondence below from MS isn't exactly helpful.

Windows 11, pretty new install. Its not syncing with my outlook calendar. I have no option to switch to old teams as suggested. Teams is not there in the add ons tab. I have the same issue with my surface tablet also running Windows 11.
When I get a meeting invite it doesn't go in my calendar very well and I have to open the web version of teams however an ex colleague can still message me via text on the teams app so I am signed in ok. Having to use Teams is non negotiable for me, whether I like it or not.

I cant uninstall and reinstall as the program seems to be tied in with the MS 365 app and everything else is working well. Feel doing that would just put me right back to the same spot anyway. I have tried downloading Teams as a standalone but when I open the install file it just opens up the already installed Teams. :confused:

Associate
OP
For me both Teams (new) and Outlook (new) show as seperately installed programs ... so maybe try downloading outlook standalone also?

For what its worth I dont have addons tab in new outlook anymore it seems...

Soldato
Actually got it working this morning - well I *think* I did. The organiser never turned up - or if he did I was elsewhere! But it seemed to be working ok. (and I mean ok, still not great). Removed the teams app and then was prompted to reinstall when the meeting started. It now shows up in old outlook addons tab.
I'm on old outlook but new teams (as there is no option to switch to old teams). I have two MS accounts, one free and one paid for MS365 which is my work one. So I am signed into my computer with the free one but signed into all the MS stuff with my paid for one. I think that was where all the confusion was. Had the same issue with Outlook on the phone until I removed all accounts and then put my paid one in first - works great now. I have new outlook on my PC with my hotmail address and old outlook with my work one. New Outlook just looks like webmail, I don't mind flicking through it but I don't like it for work purposes.

Does this stuff have to be elaborately complicated? Or am I just getting old?

Last edited:
Associate
No teams is just utterly crap and confusing but that could be me getting old.
How so? Everything is clearly listed on the menu bar and works as intended. My only gripe is that if you're screen sharing on a high res display and your audience is using bog standard 1080P they can sometimes struggle to see I wish they would incorporate something to combat this.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
External teams, internal teams, group chat, project chat, chat to chat....files sent on teams, files sent on email.... Its a disjointed turd.

Soldato
My organisation is rolling it out and it keeps switching on my windows 11 machine - the stability of it seems awful with crashing/freezing sometimes beyond the app. Has anyone else experianced this?

Yea. Stability wise it's garbage. I did read a while back that MS are planning to switch it from proton to some new engine, but that was ages ago now.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been on the new Teams for months now at work and don't really have any problems. I can't remember the last time I've had to kill it or restart it or whatever. The new one is feeling better than old now IMO.

This is the one marked 'new' on Windows 10 by the way. We haven't upgraded to 11 yet. Not sure if that has a different version, or maybe some bugs with Windows 11.

Last edited:
Soldato
Daily, we have team members disappearing mid-meeting, unable to join because of crashes/updates, microphone/camera problems
If there are no members of the company experiencing a problem, it is a good day.

Still, better than other options - going into the office 270 miles away!

Soldato
The new Teams is far lighter than the previous versions. We use it everyday and whilst it's sometimes unstable, for the most part it works well.

Soldato
I often wonder if Teams is made to look worse than it is because of all those "crashes" and "camera/mic problems". Convenient excuse to skip a meeting and have a break :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I've only had it a couple of weeks on my work laptop but seems fine so far, much quicker to load and navigate and uses about half as much RAM when in the background.

Associate
Using the new MS Teams here but it's so sluggish on my Intel chip Macbook. Colleagues who have the Apple silicone-based machines say the performance is quite good.

Soldato
MS Web based Teams and Outlook are truly terrible IME.

I can be literally sending messages back and forth and I'll appear offline to the person I'm messaging.

If don't go onto the Teams tab every now and again I will have missed a message that only appears after a second or 2 after going on to the tab.

Sharing screen works maybe 80% of the time, or you have to stop sharing and re-share several times.

I'd pay out my own pocket to have an old version of proper Outlook on my work laptop rather than the threading mess of Web Outlook.

Back
Top Bottom