** NEW PRODUCTS ARRIVED AT OcUK!! **

Associate
I've just chased this up. Silver cases are due end of month. There is no indication of quantity, or whether there will be enough to satisfy pre-orders though. We can live in hope!

Yet more confusing messaging from OCUK.

@Robbie_G said that there were enough to cover the pre-orders with a few left over in this post: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/new-products-arrived-at-ocuk.18703318/post-36453179

Does this mean they have spare black cases to offer buyers if not enough silver arrive?

Gangster
OcUK Staff
Hi,

We completed all orders on black and we are getting no more stock for the V1. All the stock we had on order landed. We had to cancel some orders due to over selling before it was removed offline. We contacted the customer right away to apologise and offer the Silver or a refund.

We are still trying to get more silver to complete the pre-orders but due to the announcement from Dan for the V2 this could be an issue. I believe our customer service team are emailing everyone today.

Associate
Hi @Robbie_G, Are the automated emails I've just received the true reflection of the current status of the C4SFX cases please? I pre-ordered silver on the 2nd June so was assuming I'd make it in to the 127 units you previously mentioned.

Last edited:
Associate
I preordered a Silver C4-SFX at the end of May. At this point I'd be content with a Black or Silver (as I'm sure are others), I'm just needing a case. I understand the perspective of Overclockers, the expectation probably wasn't such a short run of supply. Please do update with anything concrete as soon as you can.

Associate
We are still trying to get more silver to complete the pre-orders but due to the announcement from Dan for the V2 this could be an issue. I believe our customer service team are emailing everyone today.
Lots of discussion on SFF Network about Dan doing another run of the V1, I think there's quite a few unhappy people (not with Overclockers, but with Dan) about the immediate switch to a V2.

He did this with the Dan A4 SFX but it was always after a few runs of each iteration, I had a v3 that was around for a long time before he introduced the v4 - and then 4.1

Associate
Hi @Robbie_G, Are the automated emails I've just received the true reflection of the current status of the C4SFX cases please? I pre-ordered silver on the 2nd June so was assuming I'd make it in to the 127 units you previously mentioned.

How does "offering people who didnt get a black one a silver one instead" match up with "there might not be enough silver for everyone"? Surely if you ordered a silver you should get one, not have it given to someone who ordered black?

I just got an email estimating 2 weeks which I thought was fine, now once again it's in doubt whether I'll get one at all. Please get the messaging straight! If I knew I'm not getting a case form OCUK then I might have had "just" enough time to scoop up a black one elsewhere, this lack of clarity could mean I'll miss out entirely.

Last edited:
Gangster
OcUK Staff
If you got this email then you will not be getting the stock i'm being told:

"
Thank you for your recent order with Overclockers UK, we apologise for any inconvenience caused but we have not been able to process your order as you have out of stock item on your order.

Item no longer available, Dan Case C4-SFX v1.0 Mini-ITX Case - Silver

Sadly, the C4-SFX v1.0 is now end of life and the manufacturer has ceased production on this case and is working on the C4-SFX v2.0.

Currently we do not have the option to take any pre-orders yet for the C4-SFX v2.0 as we are waiting on the manufacturer for updates, if you wish for updates regarding the C4-SFX v2.0, information can be found using the following link to their forum.

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/dan-c4-sfx.12329/

We are extremely sorry that we are unable to fulfil your order."

If you are getting a case you will have an email saying ETA is around 2 weeks. This is all the clarity that we have on this case.

Associate
If there's still plenty of demand for a product why would Dan not produce the units? Seems like they are throwing away sales just for the sake of it.
Yeah, I think Dan has made a mistake with this launch - not just with not producing enough units but also not being clear at all that it was going to be a limited run. The v2 model he's shown concepts for on SFF Forum also look completely different to the V1.

Associate
If there's still plenty of demand for a product why would Dan not produce the units? Seems like they are throwing away sales just for the sake of it.

From his public statements, Dan just decided to change it slightly for some (alleged) improvements and in order to make it flat packed (thus cheaper to ship) and would rather do that than spend time organising another run of this one.

After the fantastic reception this case got from major YouTube tech sites and the fact that it sold out everywhere in 4 weeks, this decision seems....odd.

Back
Top Bottom