** NEW SAMSUNG 750D & 950D True 120Hz LED Monitors - PRE-ORDER! **

Associate
seen as im going to be ordering this monitor today or tomorrow,

anyone got any advice on a quality Mini display port to display port cable,

ive seen one or two around, but going on reviews its sounds like buying a cheap one is hit n miss less you know its good to go

Associate
seen as im going to be ordering this monitor today or tomorrow,

anyone got any advice on a quality Mini display port to display port cable,

ive seen one or two around, but going on reviews its sounds like buying a cheap one is hit n miss less you know its good to go

I am going to be using my dual-link DVI for this for my 6970CFX setup, I did a little recon and it seems identical to DP output in terms of perf/QoS

Associate
I am going to be using my dual-link DVI for this for my 6970CFX setup, I did a little recon and it seems identical to DP output in terms of perf/QoS

oh ok, i'll have to check to see if mine is dual DVI, i currently have a sammy P2450 and using the DVI that came with that, so hopefully its is ,,,

thanks

Associate
I'm really on the fence with this monitor, I currently use a 23" 120hz LG monitor which I'm happy with that said my eyes seem to prefer glossy screens and those extra 4 inches would be nice too BUT is this monitor really worth the asking price given that I only paid £167 for the LG.

Also If I go for the lower model monitor which I'm told uses the same panel and IMO looks better can I use a dual link DVI to display port adapter (I'm running nVidia 580s) should such a thing exist if so does it have to be a certain type and what's that likely to cost me?

BTW I've no interest in 3D on my computer just smooth as silk images.

Associate
So the "other vendor" didn't get theirs. I don't know if they were stringing everyone along or whether they honestly expected them. As my current monitor is playing up really badly anyway (switching itself off every 10 minutes), I didn't want to wait any longer, paid the extra and bought it from OC. It should be with me tomorrow.

I appreciate the posting about the 6990 but I actually found one earlier in the day so already ordered that, which should also be with me tomorrow.

Associate
So the "other vendor" didn't get theirs. I don't know if they were stringing everyone along or whether they honestly expected them. As my current monitor is playing up really badly anyway (switching itself off every 10 minutes), I didn't want to wait any longer, paid the extra and bought it from OC. It should be with me tomorrow.

I appreciate the posting about the 6990 but I actually found one earlier in the day so already ordered that, which should also be with me tomorrow.

fair play to you., if you goto go you goto go:D hope you enjoy your new monitor

im not around to take delivery for one until monday, so as long as this one stays in stock ill wait till midday and then order:p

Associate
just bought Samsung S23A750D in some german online shop I hope it will arrive next week or best this friday

Could you please tell what shop?

P.S. Yea, I registered just to ask this, but captcha here is crazy.... couldn't make it for 20mins using the phone

Associate
The anticipation builds. DPD confirm my monitor is out for delivery to arrive around 12pm. In the meantime my Radeon 6990 has arrived (HIS branded which I believe is just stock reference). It is a very very long card...I am so glad I have a very big case!

Soldato
Samsung should have delivered me one of their new Central Station monitors by now. Really this is just something to review until they can give me one of the SA750/SA950 series models. I am just as annoyed as you guys that these haven't yet received the press coverage they deserve. Might end up buying one myself and doing a quick review and DSR combo at this rate ;). Hopefully you'll have some more good user experiences to go on in this thread - but it takes a strong mind to think critically about something you've just spent that much money on, waited this long for and looks that nice. You can start turning negatives into positives. :D

Last edited:
Associate
Samsung should have delivered me one of their new Central Station monitors by now. Really this is just something to review until they can give me one of the SA750/SA950 series models. I am just as annoyed as you guys that these haven't yet received the press coverage they deserve. Might end up buying one myself and doing a quick review and DSR combo at this rate ;). Hopefully you'll have some more good user experiences to go on in this thread - but it takes a strong mind to think critically about something you've just spent that much money on, waited this long for and looks that nice. You can start turning negatives into positives. :D

That's the problem with day one reviews especially if its a younger customer, every things AWESOME!

Associate
Guys remember you will
Need a 2 female prong power cable to plug into the power box. Unbelievable it comes with a 3 prong cable with nowhere to plug it into.

Associate
I have a 2 prong power lead available (portable stereo), but will be AMAZED and highly dissapointed it they just throw in a kettle lead without checking it will actually fit! I guess i better look at the fusing on that lead too. Won't be a good start to ownership.:rolleyes:

Do we have a dead pixel guarantee? :confused: If i get one anywhere near the middle i think it'll go back TBH!:mad:

Back
Top Bottom