** NEW SAMSUNG 750D & 950D True 120Hz LED Monitors - PRE-ORDER! **

Associate
Pr0SteR--
The box has a handle. Not so much bigger than the monitor to be honest.
As far as packaging goes pretty efficient:)

Last edited:
Associate
Am I right to think that if you use it with nVidia 3DTV Play mode, that you can play games with full frame sequential but just that it would be limited to 720p/120Hz as that is the limit in the HDMI 1.4 standard. Even connected via Dual DVI I would expect the same limitation to hold. 3D blu-rays should work in 1080/24p as expected. What I don't know is in order to use 3DTV play whether you would have to run both a DVI cable for 1920x1080 120Hz desktop use, AND an HDMI cable for the games and blu-rays so that it activates the 3DTV Play mode.

Associate
Stuck in the same boat, if it had been 3d vision ready would have snapped one up!
currently on gtx 470 (looking to upgrade for bf3)
Think im gonna hang on abit, £600 at the moment for a 27" ??
People in canada moaning at 695 c.a.d lol, Damn you canadians!!!!

Associate
Pretty impessed with the tridef side by side mode with my gtx 580. I must stress I haven't seen nvidia 3d vision so nothing to compare too. Spent a few hours calibrating colour etc today and I'm really impressed
With the 2d performance. I don't seem to have a bleed issue and now sorted the sharpness issue I mentioned earlier with gamma levels and colour mode. All in 10/10

Associate
BOOM. I have crumbled!

I could no longer resist.:eek:

"Order Number: *******
Order Date: 29 Jun, 11, 10:53 pm
Order to be shipped to:
Order Status: Order Placed

Product: Name Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz 3D Widescreen Ultra Thin LED Monitor - Glossy Black
Price: £499.99
Qty: 1
Line Total: £499.99

FREE SHIPPING (DPD Next Day): £0.00
VAT: £100.00
Order Total: £599.99"

Roll on Friday!:cool:

OcUK Staff
OP
That's great. I do like this monitor, but I'm hanging on to see the price of the Samsung SA850 before I commit.

As it would seem other etailer's will have stock also today, I just hope that those that pre ordered through OcUK did not do so solely on the exclusivity promised above.

None of our competitors got any yesterday, so unless they get them today we will indeed have had exclusivity throughout June. :)

In July we expect 1or2 of our competitors to get a handful of these monitors.

Associate
None of our competitors got any yesterday, so unless they get them today we will indeed have had exclusivity throughout June. :)

In July we expect 1or2 of our competitors to get a handful of these monitors.

one of your competitors has emailed me to say they are due in today!! weather that is the case or not we will see, but it is interesting that they hold the price at £25 lower than OC's price, care to price match if they get stock:D

OcUK Staff
OP
one of your competitors has emailed me to say they are due in today!! weather that is the case or not we will see, but it is interesting that they hold the price at £25 lower than OC's price, care to price match if they get stock:D

If they get stock, then yes of course. :)

Associate

Haha..well if you don't ask, you don't get! I am also holding out to see if they get stock as I get free next day delivery with them too, so the difference is 35 pounds. Having said that, I have bought from Overclockers many times.

The trouble is now this monitor is making me think seriously about a graphics card upgrade. The thing is nobody seems to have a 6990 these days. I wonder if there is a component shortage.

jkb

jkb

Associate
Haha..well if you don't ask, you don't get! I am also holding out to see if they get stock as I get free next day delivery with them too, so the difference is 35 pounds. Having said that, I have bought from Overclockers many times.

The trouble is now this monitor is making me think seriously about a graphics card upgrade. The thing is nobody seems to have a 6990 these days. I wonder if there is a component shortage.

I'm thinking the same thing, need an excuse to upgrade my trusty 260 sli and this monitor may just be it. There is at least competitor claiming to get stock in next week of 6990 at a very attractive price, hopefully OC will follow suit :)

Associate

I'm thinking the same thing, need an excuse to upgrade my trusty 260 sli and this monitor may just be it. There is at least competitor claiming to get stock in next week of 6990 at a very attractive price, hopefully OC will follow suit :)

Im guessing you Two where in a recent Lottery syndicate WIN!!:D:D

Associate
i was quoted as above, a Price match if the instock price was cheaper

The other vendor you refer to insists they will get them this afternoon. Apparently/allegedly the "exclusive" agreement was that OC would be the only place to get monitors TO customers in June. Other vendors may receive them today for effective delivery in July. Who knows.....let's wait and see

Associate
The other vendor you refer to insists they will get them this afternoon. Apparently/allegedly the "exclusive" agreement was that OC would be the only place to get monitors TO customers in June. Other vendors may receive them today for effective delivery in July. Who knows.....let's wait and see

appreciate the update cheers:D

OcUK Staff
OP

Hi there

I have 6990 in stock, but not for sale as used in systems.

I shall allocate some of them to the website later and put them on, but it will be like 5 units, so those after one be quick, as were likely to be the only etailor with the stock.

Back
Top Bottom