*** Nexus 5 THE Official Thread ***

Soldato
I don't get the CPW stuff, do I need to phone to order a sim-free one to reserve it in store, or do I just rock on up in the morning and fight off any other Nexus fan boys sad enough to show up?! Argh.

Soldato
Was hoping that the 32GB version would come in at no higher than £300...but it came in at £340. Now thinking if I should pay buy a new Sony Z Xperia Ultra 4GB instead for £420...

Thought it is $349 for the US for the 16GB...that's £217.42. Add VAT that should come to £261 for the 16GB version...how did it end up being £299? UK premium tax again?

Don't forget the additional cost to ship the phones to the UK as well. Then add the VAT. Utterly stinks but what can you do?

Caporegime
I am interested in this but want to see what you guys think first. I cant see my N4 not coping well for another year - its only the camera that really sucks...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Man of Honour
Preview and hands-on here: http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/31/...-android-kit-kat-available-today-starting-349

Overall, the Nexus 5 looks like a wildly capable Android phone. It's fast and big with a beautiful screen and all the accoutrements you'd expect on a flagship phone. As we said above, it has a lean, utilitarian aesthetic that doesn't quite feel beautiful, but is certainly workable and isn't without some charm. Like the Nexus 4 before it, we don't expect it will take the wireless world by storm — but we do expect a tiny slice of users to be very happy with what Google is offering.

Associate
The other thread got closed so I'll try again here:

Anyone know if this is Micro or Nano SIM? Seeing conflicting information from searching on Google :confused:

I would think its Micro. But gsmarena thinks its Nano (based on rumors), Now I am confused, will need to get a replacement sim :mad:

Man of Honour
The Gods smiled upon me, I don't need to buy you all one :D
Also at £10 for shipping I'd prefer Saturday delivery! But I suppose they've got to make some money somewhere.

Last edited:
Associate
I have a brand new oppo find 5 sitting in the box.. and another 4 month old 32gb find 5.. and I've ordered nexus 5.. simply too hard to say no and If I didn't like it I wouldn't lose much selling it! :)

It's dangerous for me to read that kind of stuff. It's almost like being given the green light to spend a load of money.

Soldato
Was hoping that the 32GB version would come in at no higher than £300...but it came in at £340. Now thinking if I should pay buy a new Sony Z Xperia Ultra 4GB instead for £420...

Thought it is $349 for the US for the 16GB...that's £217.42. Add VAT that should come to £261 for the 16GB version...how did it end up being £299? UK premium tax again?

US have sales tax to add on. I'm not sure if that applies to the Google store as amazon.com got round that.

Soldato
Correct me if I'm wrong, but...

When Nexus 4 was out, its CPU was like faster than any phone had at the time, plus a very bargin price; but now Nexus 5's CPU is only matching what's already out there for a while, and prices is higher than Nexus 4 launch?

I'm not trolling, I'm just trying to analysis it calmly without being taken over by the hype...

Still not sure to order or not...especially no review yet.

Last edited:
Associate
Worst phone launch ever?!

Not counting the Galaxy S4 one anyway... :p

Looks rather nice, but will await full reviews before further consideration. Though it is pretty cheap anyway...

Having just broken my Razr HD a couple of weeks ago it's mighty tempting but I'll wait for some hands on reviews. If it's any good then the 32gig N5 at £339 isn't bad? That will include vat? Look forward to some reviews. Anyone bought/buying one out of a phone store?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom