NFL 2021 Season

Soldato
Anyone watching tonight?

Given the Bears two picks in the top ten, could be an exciting night. New QB and get to find out what they do at 9.

Feel like it would be great if one of the top-3 WRs fell to oud ninth pick and we go with one of those, albeit I do wonder if the Bears are actually going to go DT/DE to patch up a need there. I think we can ride this season with limited DL and deal with it later but I don't know if the Bears see it the same.

Also going to be exciting to see who succumbs to a trade first between the 2nd to 5th picks.
This is like my second Xmas, I'll be watching and have no clue on how good the Titans pick could be or how our new squad will get on.

Proper cheating from the Bears having 2 picks, out of order bruv.

Associate
This is like my second Xmas, I'll be watching and have no clue on how good the Titans pick could be or how our new squad will get on.

Proper cheating from the Bears having 2 picks, out of order bruv.
Virtually everyone has linked the Titans to Joe Alt, so I guess we see if this is informed guessing or just associating biggest need to them.

The Bears were both absolutely rubbish and extremely lucky to have the 1 & 9 picks. If it hadn't been for Montez I suspect our second pick would have been higher!

Last edited:
Soldato
Virtually everyone has linked the Titans to Joe Alt, so I guess we see if this is informed guessing or just associating biggest need to them.

The Bears were both absolutely rubbish and extremely lucky to have the 1 & 9 picks. If it hadn't been for Montez I suspect our second pick would have been higher!
I would like a good offensive tackle but you never know if they can make that step up, we shall see.

The Bears seem a bit lost(very much like the Titans) so a new young approach could be good.

Associate
I would like a good offensive tackle but you never know if they can make that step up, we shall see.

The Bears seem a bit lost(very much like the Titans) so a new young approach could be good.

I think investment in the OL is always a good long-term decision even if it can be a bit boring from a fan perspective. Even the absolute best need an OL (i.e. Mahone's getting murdered by Tampa's front four in the SB a few years ago). With a young QB it makes a lot of sense. Sometimes these journalists have genuine sources and if the Titans do add to the OL it makes sense.

I'm not sure on the Titans GM situation, but I will say this is about the most comfortable I've been with the Bears for a while. I think everything Pole's has done makes sense (Year 1 cut fat and trade players, Year 2 make the trade with the Panthers/give Fields a chance, use cap space/picks on vets like Montez Sweat to now choosing his own rookie QB in year 3). He's not got everything 100% correct (i.e. Claypool trade) but I do see the clear process and logic. Like all these things it going to be how well those decisions actually pan out. I'm glad we are moving on at QB and even if it doesn't work out, taking the swing is the right thing to do.

Last edited:
Associate
We play each other so it could be a good indicator of where we're both at.
Yep - could be interesting. In theory with a rookie QB's first season there shouldn't really be too many expectations. There are going to be ups and downs as he adjusts to the NFL. But Caleb is going to attract attention so I guess it's buckle up for the ride (again).

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep - could be interesting. In theory with a rookie QB's first season there shouldn't really be too many expectations. There are going to be ups and downs as he adjusts to the NFL. But Caleb is going to attract attention so I guess it's buckle up for the ride (again).
I'm all aboard the Will Levis hype train and with DHop, Ridley and Pollard I think it could be great.

Associate
I'm all aboard the Will Levis hype train and with DHop, Ridley and Pollard I think it could be great.
I'm too old and seen enough rookie's/resets over the years that I'm jaded enough to keep my expectations in check. That said rookie players, new HCs and GMs can be fun to watch.

I think your's is one of the more interesting divisions, all rookie QBs (or at least none on a second contract yet). Shroud/Texans big expectations, Lawrence/Jags needing to have a comeback, Anthony Richardson back (he looked special before that injury) and you guys retooling under a new HC/GM. Good luck to you - hopefully you do well (apart from when you play us :p)

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm too old and seen enough rookie's/resets over the years that I'm jaded enough to keep my expectations in check. That said rookie players, new HCs and GMs can be fun to watch.

I think your's is one of the more interesting divisions, all rookie QBs (or at least none on a second contract yet). Shroud/Texans big expectations, Lawrence/Jags needing to have a comeback, Anthony Richardson back (he looked special before that injury) and you guys retooling under a new HC/GM. Good luck to you - hopefully you do well (apart from when you play us :p)
I'll take a 16 - 1 season!!!!

Associate
As a Bears fan I hope we nail it with Caleb Williams, after Trubisky being a bust and Fields (I actually liked) getting ousted I hope we find a good QB as we've needed one for years.

I think there's more fun in the Draft than during the season :D

Who trades, who takes a pick that nobody saw, who eventually finds the generational talent.

Associate
Oh dear, I'm surrounded!!
Its our Superbowl. Bear down.

:D

Another Bears fan here eternally optimistic.

Guessing we'll use the 9th for a WR. Looking forward to it.

Bears Reddit has a tweet suggesting the Bears are open to trading down. Poles has history on this, so who knows. I'd like him to go WR but I think it'll be DL or trade down.

Last edited:
Associate
Was wrong there - no trades in the top 5. Really thought someone would be desperate and try and trade up but I guess the picks required were just too much.

EDIT: Bears @ 9....wow wow wow. Really didn't think we'd get Odunze. Feels like a fantastic choice - certainly a popular one based on the Bears fans reactions tonight.

Last edited:
Associate
I just hope the OL gives Williams the protection to make him thrive. Odunze will be 4th choice WR, but we only have Keenan Allan for 1 year iirc.

Interesting season ahead, let's hope there's nuggets to be found in the later rounds & after the draft too. Would be nice to see a better season for once :D

Associate
Pretty exciting draft . Blown away by the Atlanta move. Cousins is on a 4yr deal and I think they could have moved back and still got penix

Associate
I just hope the OL gives Williams the protection to make him thrive. Odunze will be 4th choice WR, but we only have Keenan Allan for 1 year iirc.

Interesting season ahead, let's hope there's nuggets to be found in the later rounds & after the draft too. Would be nice to see a better season for once :D

We have signed Shelton and Bates along with one or two others on OL (along with taking Darnell Wright so high in last year's draft). I think the OL and DL are still going to be areas the Bears have to address long-term in next year's draft. In that they couldn't fill all their needs in one off-season. A big part of last year was not staying healthy although we did improve when starters could establish themselves.

Very disappointed with the coverage of the Titans, everyone got about 7 minutes of chat and we got about 2 minutes.

And our guy even tried to kill Goodell!

Yea - that looked painful although a lot of the booing crowd probably enjoyed that!

I guess the analyst were right and you got a tackle. To be fair the chaos wouldn't start until the pick behind you. Certainly it was very much a predictable draft as most teams stuck and took the offensive talent and I think a lot of these mock draft were very close.

Pretty exciting draft . Blown away by the Atlanta move. Cousins is on a 4yr deal and I think they could have moved back and still got penix

I was so scared they would take one of the blue chips players and then that happened. Maybe they got spoked or knew another team was going to get him. But it's such a crazy move to explain given the investment in Cousins. And they have certainly managed to annoy him and his team. I did look at the Falcons Reddit and X reactions and of course they are furious. A comments about people walking out on their draft parties immediately when that pick came in! Certainly one of the big stories of the night.

Associate
Hahah certainly would be a draft party dampening moment for hotlanta fans . Plenty of talent left at the top of round 2 so would expect to see some more trades flying about tonight

Back
Top Bottom