NR200 Owner's Thread

Associate
I was looking at the bottom picture, looks like there's an extra set of 4 pins on there.
Ah get you yes, thats new, i believe the newer PSUs will have the full 16 pin connector, apparently its used for signalling, no power ,
Very nice, 3090s are such a great looking card, especially when wedged into an NR200P. Along with what looks like the Arctic 280, that's some dense build! Bet it's real heavy for the size!
Indeed that is an artic 280! its pretty dense, but at least there’s a nice channel up the middle for air flow, its a beast thats for sure

Last edited:
Associate
Can someone confirm if there's space for 25mm thick 120mm fan above the CPU cooler with Gigabyte B450 ITX board if you're using Noctua U12S/U12A? I know with Scythe Fuma 2 there's no room unless you go with 15mm thick fans.

Associate
Can someone confirm if there's space for 25mm thick 120mm fan above the CPU cooler with Gigabyte B450 ITX board if you're using Noctua U12S/U12A? I know with Scythe Fuma 2 there's no room unless you go with 15mm thick fans.
I had two 25mm fans up top using both Asus Strix and Asrock boards and there was approx 5-10mm gap. Seeing as the GB board CPU socket sits 10mm higher than the Asus/Asrock boards you are pushing it for clearance using 25mm fans. Your best bet is 15/17mm thick fans so Noctuas/Scythe Kaze Flex Slims. Alternatively change the board for Asus/Asrock.

Associate
Hi everyone!

I moved, and now the PC has to sit in the living room. 50l of case are a bit much... Especially as I do not really play games, so I am running a Ryzen 5600G APU. I decided to move my system to a smaller and prettier case. Top concerns were a quiet system and ideally being able to keep using as many parts of my current setup as possible. I managed to get a used Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX for a reasonable price and for the case, I chose the NR200P because of its great reputation and lots of cooling options it comes in orange.

Unfortunately, my CPU cooler is a Mugen 5 Rev. B. Keeps my current system very quiet, but I (belatedly) read there were clearance issues with the 25mm case fans, which I had originally been planning to use. I also read that should work after bending the wires that attach the Kaze 120 to the cooler block. Okay so far. Alternatively, I could move the 25mm fans to the bottom and get slim models for the top.

Now I am wondering about rear fan options. As far as I understand, I could
  1. Mount a 92mm fan on the rear case wall (like this I guess). Having the fan directly on the wall probably limits chaotic air flow there and thus noise, but as it would be a different fan from the Mugen 5's Kaze 120 with very different specs, I am wondering if the two fans could work "against each other" in fairly close proximity (e.g. https://************.com/b/cRrV3C)
  2. Use only the Mugen 5 with one fan and no case fan (like this or this) - not sure how great this would be for temperatures, even with the fans in the top
  3. Put a second Kaze 120 on the Mugen (like this?) - that way, I'd have two fans with the same specs working in sync as push/pull. I think this works only with the cooler block installed in one orientation, and I don't know if there'd be enough clearance for my RAM modules and the PSU cable. Also, there would be a gap between rear fan and the case - maybe leading to turbulent air flow and more noise?
My current "intuitive" favorite would be option 3. I could not find many people using a Mugen 5 with two fans, even fewer where both were 25mm, and fewer yet the whole shebang was on an Aorus B550i Pro AX. Do you think it could work well? Also, would the front fan be too close to the ATX PSU's intake and compete for air? (I thought it would probably not be wise to have the CPU cooler blow hot air into the PSU's intake.)

Would love to hear your two cents, so I could get all required parts for when the case arrives. Would hate to stop the build somewhere in the middle. :-/

Associate
Hi everyone!

I moved, and now the PC has to sit in the living room. 50l of case are a bit much... Especially as I do not really play games, so I am running a Ryzen 5600G APU. I decided to move my system to a smaller and prettier case. Top concerns were a quiet system and ideally being able to keep using as many parts of my current setup as possible. I managed to get a used Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX for a reasonable price and for the case, I chose the NR200P because of its great reputation and lots of cooling options it comes in orange.

Unfortunately, my CPU cooler is a Mugen 5 Rev. B. Keeps my current system very quiet, but I (belatedly) read there were clearance issues with the 25mm case fans, which I had originally been planning to use. I also read that should work after bending the wires that attach the Kaze 120 to the cooler block. Okay so far. Alternatively, I could move the 25mm fans to the bottom and get slim models for the top.

Now I am wondering about rear fan options. As far as I understand, I could
  1. Mount a 92mm fan on the rear case wall (like this I guess). Having the fan directly on the wall probably limits chaotic air flow there and thus noise, but as it would be a different fan from the Mugen 5's Kaze 120 with very different specs, I am wondering if the two fans could work "against each other" in fairly close proximity (e.g. https://************.com/b/cRrV3C)
  2. Use only the Mugen 5 with one fan and no case fan (like this or this) - not sure how great this would be for temperatures, even with the fans in the top
  3. Put a second Kaze 120 on the Mugen (like this?) - that way, I'd have two fans with the same specs working in sync as push/pull. I think this works only with the cooler block installed in one orientation, and I don't know if there'd be enough clearance for my RAM modules and the PSU cable. Also, there would be a gap between rear fan and the case - maybe leading to turbulent air flow and more noise?
My current "intuitive" favorite would be option 3. I could not find many people using a Mugen 5 with two fans, even fewer where both were 25mm, and fewer yet the whole shebang was on an Aorus B550i Pro AX. Do you think it could work well? Also, would the front fan be too close to the ATX PSU's intake and compete for air? (I thought it would probably not be wise to have the CPU cooler blow hot air into the PSU's intake.)

Would love to hear your two cents, so I could get all required parts for when the case arrives. Would hate to stop the build somewhere in the middle. :-/

You have the same Motherboard and CPU cooler as me, and nearly the same CPU, so I can confirm that you can use the Mugen with 25mm top case fans, but you WILL have to flatten the fan clip to stop it poking up into the top fans. You can literally just do this by pushing down the latch with your thumb.

I have not bothered with a rear fan. I can feel plenty of heat still coming out the back and top rear fan. Very little heat comes out the top front fan, but I like to keep it there.

I have all the fans set to low RPM (including two bottom slim fans) to keep noise to a minimum and this works well for me with the Ryzen 5600X. No temperature issues at all with a Asus 3080 pumping out heat too.

Associate
Hi Guys

Im after a bit of advice. I am wondering how to power the following in this case.

Two 12cm fans in top of case, one of which is a slim fan.
240mm aio
two 12 cm fans in bottom of case, one of which is a slim fan.

The motherboard is a Gigabyte b550i, this has three fan headers. At the moment I have connected the pump to the cpu header, the two fans for the water cooler to one of the CPU headers and the remaining four fans to the third motherboard header. The problem I have is that only three of the fans run from a single header.

Is there a way to run all of the above fans on this motherboard?

Associate
I cheat and use a Corsair commander pro, which I hide in the front panel gap. This means I can run 7 fans off the 6 connectors that gives me (6x120mm and 1x90mm)

It definitely is cheating though

Associate
Ah ok, i have just seen an arctic cooling one for £12. Do I have to ensure that all fans connected are the same size though to ensure correct pwm?
If you are bothered about all fans spinning at the same speed then yes. If not the one of the fans will be used for measuring and the others will just spin at the percentage of rpm you have set. So say a 1800rpm fan may spin at 900rpm at 50% where as a 2000rpm fan may spin at 1000rpm.

Associate
Hello,

I'm owning a NR200P for about a month now and I think I'm finished building it now, finally :cry:
My goal was to hide all cables as much as I can and of course use RGB lighting. I know not everybody is a fan of RGB, but I wanted to control the RGB each individually, so my only way was to use the Zalman Z-Sync controller. Its very hard to get here but you can see the result in the picture(s).
20230212-104630.jpg

20230212-105649.jpg

Hope you like it :)

Associate
Hello,

I'm owning a NR200P for about a month now and I think I'm finished building it now, finally :cry:
My goal was to hide all cables as much as I can and of course use RGB lighting. I know not everybody is a fan of RGB, but I wanted to control the RGB each individually, so my only way was to use the Zalman Z-Sync controller. Its very hard to get here but you can see the result in the picture(s).
20230212-104630.jpg

20230212-105649.jpg

Hope you like it :)

Looks great. Excuse my ignorance, but what is that you have covering the PSU? Not seen that before.

Back
Top Bottom