NR200 Owner's Thread

Associate
Looks great. Excuse my ignorance, but what is that you have covering the PSU? Not seen that before.
Hey, thanks. It's actually a 3D print from thingiverse with Phanteks LEDs and a custom ARGB plate I ordered from AliExpress ;)
Link

I did a small update and installed an AIO (Asetek 92mm) including a custom 3D print mount with AIO display. Photo attached:
20230226-204808.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Untouched at the moment.
GPU gets toasty under artificial load, but gaming its okay. Gets loud which I dont like.
Longer term its going to be under water along with the cpu, slim rads and an external option on the loop (I have 2x360 and 3x480 rads sat here in various projects/parked in the spares box so can easily create an external monster rad)

Hi how loud does it get ? I'm looking at getting one and adding a 4090 FE in the case but will leave the mesh side door on rather than glass. I heard that makes a big difference

Soldato
Has anyone fitted a 4090 FE into this case ? Whats the performance and noise levels like ?
I have one in mine. Performance is excellent. I have mine set to 80% PL and +800 on the VRAM and it runs between mid 50s to mid 60s. Fans typically sit around 30% but sometimes go up to the next level up (40% ish). The fans on the FE aren't quiet at the best of time.

Associate
I have one in mine. Performance is excellent. I have mine set to 80% PL and +800 on the VRAM and it runs between mid 50s to mid 60s. Fans typically sit around 30% but sometimes go up to the next level up (40% ish). The fans on the FE aren't quiet at the best of time.
But its crazy loud ?

Also what is 80% PL and +800 on the VRAM

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Building in my first NR200, going with the mesh panels. What are people's thoughts on the exhaust above the CPU tower? It seems very close and the CPU is pulling in air from the rear. The exhaust above the PSU should be enough to take out the warmer CPU air and some of the GPU heat? I imagine most of the GPU heat will leave via the side panels?

Soldato
Building in my first NR200, going with the mesh panels. What are people's thoughts on the exhaust above the CPU tower? It seems very close and the CPU is pulling in air from the rear. The exhaust above the PSU should be enough to take out the warmer CPU air and some of the GPU heat? I imagine most of the GPU heat will leave via the side panels?
Have a watch of Machines & More, he does a fair bit of testing with the NR200.

Associate
Thanks, so everything as exhaust and no intake fans.
IMO the correct setup is two intake fans at bottom, two exhuasting up top and CPU fan pushing air through heatsink out towards the back. With this setup CPU temp idles at 32 and peaks at 73 degrees under heavy non gaming all core load.

Last edited:
Soldato
IMO the correct setup is two intake fans at bottom, two exhuasting up top and CPU fan pushing air through heatsink out towards the back. With this setup CPU temp idles at 32 and peaks at 73 degrees under heavy non gaming all core load.
Depends on your GPU and what side panel you are using imo. I've got a flow through 3080 and the Glass side panel, if I had the CPU fan pulling air from the front of the case it'd just cook off of the GPU heat. Instead I've got the CPU cooler flipped to intake from the rear of the case and 3d printed a dust filter holder to go there. Top fans are exhausting heat, and I've got one slim 120mm under the GPU's main chip. I'm likely to grab a pair of patching slim fans at some point however.

Decision I can't make right now, is whether to try and find a better CPU heatsink than the Cryorig H7 Ultra, do some modding to squeeze a slim 240mm rad in the top of the case, swap to the vented side panel with a 280mm AIO, or go big with a full custom loop. The latter sounds fun, but it's so much money when you start adding in GPU blocks... Considering the case lives on the floor, the sensible option would be swapping to the vented panel and 280mm AIO.

Associate
I've managed to find a 4080 at a more reasonable price but it's 337 x 140 x 67 mm. Is this going to cause me issues or is it more the fact I only have a sf600 in there at the moment?

Back
Top Bottom