• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
For me it isn't about the money, but what I get for it - I'd buy a £700 5070 if it was a proper step up from a 4070 and had a reasonable amount of VRAM, etc., though I've kind of put myself in a silly tier position now.

Also I don't generally sell my old GPUs or only when they are like 2-3 generations back which somewhat alters my perspective - I like to keep at least one recent(ish) GPU as a backup and in this case the 3070 has gone in the eGPU enclosure I'm using with the Lenovo Legion Go.

Same here man. That and taking into account upgrade costs over what I have and potential depreciation. Oh and projected gaming time available to me.

Associate
Looking at getting a 4070 Super to replace my 3070, could i expect to notice much of a performance boost in games?. My main reasoning (and this is stupid) is Helldivers 2 ] and hovering around the 70-80 @ 1440p and wondering how much a boost a 4070 super would give?

Caporegime
Looking at getting a 4070 Super to replace my 3070, could i expect to notice much of a performance boost in games?. My main reasoning (and this is stupid) is Helldivers 2 ] and hovering around the 70-80 @ 1440p and wondering how much a boost a 4070 super would give?
Apparently in a general sense you can expect 30-40% improvement, but am unsure how that will translate to Muffdivers.

Soldato
Keep us posted if you do this, thinking of doing the same but from a 3060Ti and it looks like we have same CPU so should be a good comparison for me :p

Soldato
I probably would have done if I'd paid the normal price on this card, but 4090 is overkill for my needs as things stand while the 4080 Super is fine for my needs, so in my mind I'm already £600 in hand for the 5000 series... assuming they aren't a joke in price.

Wish it worked like that for me but i know i would have already spend that £600 saved on something else i don't need by the time the 5000 series gets released :cry:

Last edited:
Associate
How are the 4070 for power consumption compare to 3070, do they run hotter?
I've got the 4070S FE. With the default fan profile - which is pretty damn quiet, tbh - I find it's in the high 60s during gaming. This is in a case with solid panels and noise-deadening linings, both of which raise case temps. Still, the 4070S is cool and quiet running, so very happy.

From NBC:

Power consumption is one of the redeeming qualities of the RTX 4070 as, although NVIDIA rates the GPU for 200 W, the card only consumed 193 W which is considerably lower than the competing boards. For instance, the RTX 4070’s power consumption in gaming appeared 100 W lower than the RTX 3070 Ti, an impressive 132 W lower than the RTX 3080 10 GB, and a mentionable 28 W lower than the RTX 3070.

Soldato
I've got the 4070S FE. With the default fan profile - which is pretty damn quiet, tbh - I find it's in the high 60s during gaming. This is in a case with solid panels and noise-deadening linings, both of which raise case temps. Still, the 4070S is cool and quiet running, so very happy.

From NBC:

Power consumption is one of the redeeming qualities of the RTX 4070 as, although NVIDIA rates the GPU for 200 W, the card only consumed 193 W which is considerably lower than the competing boards. For instance, the RTX 4070’s power consumption in gaming appeared 100 W lower than the RTX 3070 Ti, an impressive 132 W lower than the RTX 3080 10 GB, and a mentionable 28 W lower than the RTX 3070.
I love what NVIDIA has done with the 30 and 40-series "reference cards". Great build quality, looks, cooling and performance at base RRP (albeit very expensive) pricing.

Soldato
The one i ordered from OCuk turned up today :):):)

hrMV9Wh.jpeg

ibTZEhv.jpeg

Associate
That what am really hoping to do

Just praying now that i can get back into gaming as i lost interest in gaming for quiet some years now, But i really want to get back into it
I suffer from it every year, but it's more a case of me burning myself out by having 10+ hour sessions a day for a few weeks or months, then going cold turkey for a bit.

But I know I'll never stop gaming long term, longest I've gone is several months to a year.

Hopefully you've got a library of games you want to chomp through.

Back
Top Bottom