• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
this is really bad. I always thought it was save if it was from Amazon
This is what i always thought, Which was one the main reasons i only really bought stuff on there that was sold by amazon

Think this is going be a case of a hard lesson well learned of not to trust amazon for buying high value goods :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Techpowerup has worse FPS than Tom's Hardware,and don't show the 1% lows.

performance-2560-1440.png

The RTX4060TI 8GB still looks terrible,and it costs far more than a £300 RX6750XT and in many cases more than an RX6800 or RX7700XT. Also the RX6800 and RX7700XT can be had for around £360 to £380 now.

lol anyone who buys an 8gb GPU in 2024 deserves what they get

Associate
No i paid it by Visa Debit card
Go through a Chargeback if you don't get anywhere with Amazon.

However, there’s a time limit to make a claim – usually 45 or 120 days from making the purchase – and the exact rules for Chargeback schemes vary by card provider, so you should make sure you know your debit card's Chargeback rules.

Associate
After phoning there customer service and telling them what had happened,
That customer service person wanted the item returned to them and e-mailed me the return labels to use

So i posted it back by Royal Mail SD and now there telling me the item i returned had the RTX4090 missing from the Box

Sorry to hear what happened. Amazon customer service has really gone down the pan. They used to refund with no quibble, now any issues that can’t be dealt with through the app are really long winded with zero customer service.

I now won’t order anything high value from them.

The issue is there is no continuity. You’re told one thing by a rep, but the returns department have no notes, they see the item missing and decline.

I was burnt at the PS5 launch when the driver marked it as delivered but never even knocked on my door.

Amazon didn’t want to know. As far as they were concerned it was delivered.

Shortly after all the bad publicity they introduced the passcodes but that doesn’t stop theft of items from the box. Just that a driver can’t mark something as delivered without it.

I had similar issues with Justeat recently, ordered fiveguys and driver just marked it as delivered, restaurant didn’t want to know and justeat don’t even take calls anymore, just an automated message.

I’m at the point now where I avoid ordering anything online to avoid any issues, and it’s also why if I sell something I prefer to deal in person. Otherwise I could send a graphics card to someone and they claim it’s broken etc.

I hope you get it all sorted though :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I’m at the point now where I avoid ordering anything online to avoid any issues, and it’s also why if I sell something I prefer to deal in person. Otherwise I could send a graphics card to someone and they claim it’s broken etc.

I hope you get it all sorted though :)

To buy local is not an option, Just this single GPU would cost around £400 more
Plus my local shops no have stock of most the highend items i buy

That the thing with buying anything of high value online there a very high risk with it but you can save a fortune if everything goes fine

Last edited:
Associate
I was burnt at the PS5 launch when the driver marked it as delivered but never even knocked on my door.

Nope, not buying that.

No way would Amazon drop off a PS5 without proof of delivery. If that was the case then everything would go missing. Every single electronics item over £100 I've ordered off Amazon requires you to sign for it and a picture of it being delivered - as if Amazon can't prove delivery to you, they have to pick up the loss. And no, a driver simply saying it was delivered isn't enough.

CAB:

If you bought something from a business to be delivered, it’s the seller’s responsibility to make sure the item is delivered to you. If the seller used a courier, they should chase the courier to find out what’s happened to your order - it’s not your responsibility. If you didn’t provide [specific] delivery instructions, the retailer has failed to fulfil its contract with you and is legally bound to refund or replace your order.

Associate
Nope, not buying that.

No way would Amazon drop off a PS5 without proof of delivery. If that was the case then everything would go missing. Every single electronics item over £100 I've ordered off Amazon requires you to sign for it and a picture of it being delivered - as if Amazon can't prove delivery to you, they have to pick up the loss. And no, a driver simply saying it was delivered isn't enough.

CAB:

If you bought something from a business to be delivered, it’s the seller’s responsibility to make sure the item is delivered to you. If the seller used a courier, they should chase the courier to find out what’s happened to your order - it’s not your responsibility. If you didn’t provide [specific] delivery instructions, the retailer has failed to fulfil its contract with you and is legally bound to refund or replace your order.

This was at the launch of the PS5. Over 3 years ago.

I’ve never had a picture taken by an Amazon driver.

It’s DPD that take pictures, UPS too. Shortly after the ps5 saga Amazon introduced the one time passcode for high value items.

Here’s my post at the time! #9,919 https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...aystation-5-ps5-thread.18907902/post-34244543

Many others on this very forum had the same thing. Marked as delivered with no driver to be found! Also lots of people in this country had the same thing, it was in the news.

And also email to Amazon which I had to raise above customer services, and sign a declaration that I did not receive the item.

And an eventual refund as the gps showed the driver hadn’t even been to my address!

Last edited:
Associate
This was at the launch of the PS5. Over 3 years ago.

I’ve never had a picture taken by an Amazon driver.

It’s DPD that take pictures, UPS too. Shortly after the ps5 saga Amazon introduced the one time passcode for high value items.

Here’s my post at the time! #9,919 https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...aystation-5-ps5-thread.18907902/post-34244543

Many others on this very forum had the same thing. Marked as delivered with no driver to be found! Also lots of people in this country had the same thing, it was in the news.

And also email to Amazon which I had to raise above customer services, and sign a declaration that I did not receive the item.

And an eventual refund as the gps showed the driver hadn’t even been to my address!
OK, That's better. You did get a refund and you've heavily edited the comment you originally left - the one that I responded to - showing that the situation played out very differently. That's better. ;)

Associate
OK, That's better. You did get a refund and you've heavily edited the comment you originally left - the one that I responded to - showing that the situation played out very differently. That's better. ;)
The comment you responded to was edited at 11:53am. You posted at about 1:30pm lol

I’ve not changed anything in my post. Amazon didn’t want to know. I had to escalate a complaint and write a strongly worded email requesting evidence their driver had delivered the item to me. The drivers GPS had not been near my address so they couldn’t evidence proof of delivery.

My stance is the same. Amazons customer service is nowhere near where it used to be.

I get why, because a minority of people have abused their generous returns policy.

Last edited:
Associate
The comment you responded to was edited at 11:53am. You posted at about 1:30pm lol
I responded to your post and quoted it verbatim. You stated:

That was completely untrue. ..And you've just edited your last post too.

So, in conclusion, you were not burnt at the PS launch by Amazon, Amazon did want to know, Amazon did deal with issue, and Amazon did refund you completely.

Glad we finally got there and you don't have to edit any more of your misleading posts. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Associate
I responded to your post and quoted it verbatim. You stated:

That was completely untrue. ..And you've just edited your last post too.

So, in conclusion, you were not burnt at the PS launch by Amazon, Amazon did want to know, Amazon did deal with issue, and Amazon did refund you completely.

Glad we finally got there and you don't have to edit any more of your misleading posts. ;)

I’ve not edited that post. What you quoted is still on the same post! It was edited at 11:53am. Before you quoted my post, and it has not been edited since.

While you may enjoy standing on your pedestal and talking down to people on forums, it does nothing for me.

I’m out!

Last edited:
Soldato
How does this work if you buy something from ocuk but sign in using Amazon credentials. As I did when I bought expensive motherboard and ram not long ago. I take it overclockers would sort it? Luckily I've had no bother. Also bought a 7800X3D and Arctic freezer iii 360 and 420 direct from rain forest no bother. But what's happened to Chaparral is a nightmare for sure.

Last edited:
Associate
Thought I’d stumbled into GD for a moment!

Anyway, just an update on the 4060ti I picked up (for anyone who is in the market). I’m
Genuinely been great so far, been watching my lad gaming on his new rig and it’s been rock solid, all while being very low wattage.
Yes I agree it should be priced much lower, but here we are. The card seems to be great.

Now I wouldn’t buy one for my own rig, as my particular use case is different. But for a 1080p card, it works.

Back
Top Bottom