• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4090 STOCK SITUATION & OcUK YOUTUBE REVIEWS - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Any suggestions for a decent card to look out for. I’m looking for a decent card with a decent VRM and more particularly good cooling for a reasonable amount. I’m discounting the strix as it’s too expensive and £500 over the FE.

Associate
I am having minor graphics issues with my RTX4090. And I am curious, is it something that’s likely been caused by a faulty card, or a driver, setting issue?

I am running the latest Bios settings, Windows version, and graphics driver. But I am getting weird glitches, with the graphics with certain games. Specifically Spider-Man Remaster, Rise of the Tomb Raider, or KSP2.

I’ve included two YouTube shorts to give an idea. (Specifically the weird glitches on clothes or hair.)

Man of Honour
If you turn off DLSS does it go away? This looks like DLSS shimmering. Usually observed in games that don't implement DLSS very well, or if you are using one of the lower DLSS modes like Performance in some games. I've seen this on all my last 3 RTX cards in some games. You either up the DLSS to Quality, or don't use DLSS or any upscaler in that game.

You don't need DLSS with a 4090 in either of those games though so this should not be a prob.

Associate
If you turn off DLSS does it go away? This looks like DLSS shimmering. Usually observed in games that don't implement DLSS very well, or if you are using one of the lower DLSS modes like Performance in some games. I've seen this on all my last 3 RTX cards in some games. You either up the DLSS to Quality, or don't use DLSS or any upscaler in that game.

You don't need DLSS with a 4090 in either of those games though so this should not be a prob.
Thank you, for your response.
No, DLSS is disabled, on all games (not just the ones, I am having issues with.)
Normally I am gaming at 4K resolution, at 120hz with vsync enabled.

I am more concerned, that it’s not a memory issue, and the cards not overclocked, or overheating.

Soldato
Thank you, for your response.
No, DLSS is disabled, on all games (not just the ones, I am having issues with.)
Normally I am gaming at 4K resolution, at 120hz with vsync enabled.

I am more concerned, that it’s not a memory issue, and the cards not overclocked, or overheating.
Does it still happen if you underclock the core and memory?

Associate
Hmm weird indeed, is it any game then or just these?
So far they are the only games, I’ve noticed the issues on.

Since posting yesterday, I’ve tried lowering all settings on Rottr, to as low as possible. And still it’s glitching, even after verifying the game files again.
Yet games like Tomb Raider or Shadow of the Tomb Raider, work perfectly..
I’ve uninstalled the offending games, and will download them again, as a process of elimination, and see does the issue re-occur.

My ultimate concern, am I harbouring a faulty card, or is this just driver/setting issues.

Man of Honour
If it's only those games then I'd say it's definitely not a card issue else you'd be seeing it on all games using the same engines, assuming you have some of those installed toWhich Tomb Raider game is it? I can install and check in the same type of area.

Associate
If it's only those games then I'd say it's definitely not a card issue else you'd be seeing it on all games using the same engines, assuming you have some of those installed toWhich Tomb Raider game is it? I can install and check in the same type of area.
It was on Rise of The Tomb Raider game.
I think I’ve fixed it.. altering graphics settings, have fixed it for ROTTR, and KSP2.
Still haven’t found time to play with Spider Man again, but it only affected cut scenes, so will be difficult to test.

Thank you everyone, who have responded, your advice and information, it helped point me in the right direction, to look at DSLL and Anti-aliasing effects, within settings.

Now if only had the free time to game.:cry:

Last edited:
Associate
Also worth pointing out that some older games use an older version of the DLSS dll file. You can simply get the latest version from tech Powerup and replace the existing one in the game install folder. This can fix artefact issues or other bugs!
I didn't realise you can do this,.thanks for the info!!

Associate
I am having minor graphics issues with my RTX4090. And I am curious, is it something that’s likely been caused by a faulty card, or a driver, setting issue?

I am running the latest Bios settings, Windows version, and graphics driver. But I am getting weird glitches, with the graphics with certain games. Specifically Spider-Man Remaster, Rise of the Tomb Raider, or KSP2.

I’ve included two YouTube shorts to give an idea. (Specifically the weird glitches on clothes or hair.)

Looks like an unstable card. If you fixed it by changing settings, could it be that the card isn't being pushed so hard now? Have you tried underclocking the card to see if the artifacts disappear?

Back
Top Bottom