• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4090 STOCK SITUATION & OcUK YOUTUBE REVIEWS - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
@Gibbo, is there a chance that the price of the Aorus Xtreme Waterforce 4090 will drop in the near future? Or will you have Colorful Neptune RTX 4090 for sale? Thanks

OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo, is there a chance that the price of the Aorus Xtreme Waterforce 4090 will drop in the near future? Or will you have Colorful Neptune RTX 4090 for sale? Thanks

Would take Gigabyte to ship volume, at present they ship a handful of units every week or so.

Colourful won't be appearing on OcUK I am afraid, that brand is not permitted to be sold in this region.

Associate
There is delays at moment due to order volumes and warehouse having backlog.
They should ship tomorrow with DPD but DPD are not guaranteeing next day any more, it is now a 1-3 day service, longer in some areas, so a case of keep your fingers crossed.

My Gainward Phantom turned up yesterday and have just installed it (thanks to OC for posting it out so quickly during the Christmas period). Now I'm waiting for MSFS to update before I see how it compares against my old 2070 Super.

Fitting the Corsair 12VHPWR connector to the GPU was straightforward as I did it before I plugged the GPU into the motherboard. Connecting the two connectors into my PSU (RM850x) was more challenging however. The clip clicked in fine but I could see a small gap between the edge of the connector and the PSU. It seems very susceptible to shifting if the cable is moved slightly. I've got it seated all the way in now but I'm going to have to check it every time I open up the PC case (which is very rare) to make sure I don't knock it out.

Does anybody know what plugging in the RGB sync cable between the GPU and motherboard does? I don't have any other RGB peripherals so I'm guessing I'm not missing out by not connecting it up.

Associate
My Gainward Phantom turned up yesterday and have just installed it (thanks to OC for posting it out so quickly during the Christmas period). Now I'm waiting for MSFS to update before I see how it compares against my old 2070 Super.

Fitting the Corsair 12VHPWR connector to the GPU was straightforward as I did it before I plugged the GPU into the motherboard. Connecting the two connectors into my PSU (RM850x) was more challenging however. The clip clicked in fine but I could see a small gap between the edge of the connector and the PSU. It seems very susceptible to shifting if the cable is moved slightly. I've got it seated all the way in now but I'm going to have to check it every time I open up the PC case (which is very rare) to make sure I don't knock it out.

Does anybody know what plugging in the RGB sync cable between the GPU and motherboard does? I don't have any other RGB peripherals so I'm guessing I'm not missing out by not connecting it up.
If you dont have any other RGB devices to sync with, nor any lights on the MB itself then you dont need it. All it does is allow you GPU software to tell other RGB devices connected to the MB what colours to sync etc.

Soldato
My 4090 has turned up yipee :) Thanks everyone @ ocuk and gibbo for working extra late giving people upto date information on the forum.
I honestly did not expect it before Christmas amazing service hope you all have a blast over the festive season.
got mine week before Christmas excellent job indeed wasn't expecting it till after Christmas..:D:p;)

Associate
Just to say I have been playing my 4090 for a few weeks now, and yes its mad expensive and if the wife found out how much it would be an uncomfortable few minutes of abuse, but its pretty damn special, Id say on par with my first Geforce card back in the Quake 1, Pentium 133mmx days.
But to be honest Im playing sensible soccer on it as much as anything, which just goes to show its not all about insane FPS.
However Moto GP2022 with a P133 and a Geforce 3dfx maybe wouldn't run quite as well

kar

kar

Associate
Just to say I have been playing my 4090 for a few weeks now, and yes its mad expensive and if the wife found out how much it would be an uncomfortable few minutes of abuse, but its pretty damn special, Id say on par with my first Geforce card back in the Quake 1, Pentium 133mmx days.
But to be honest Im playing sensible soccer on it as much as anything, which just goes to show its not all about insane FPS.
However Moto GP2022 with a P133 and a Geforce 3dfx maybe wouldn't run quite as well
Q1/P133 days. That'd have been a Riva TNT (a beast as well) at best :). First Geforce was end of 99/early 2000.

Associate
@Gibbo Any chance you will be receiving the KFA2 RTX 4090 in white? I haven't been able to get any information on this thing and Galax / KFA2 aren't really the best communicators considering no one addresses the plentiful people asking on their socials ha.

Last edited:
Associate
@Gibbo sorry to double post, I edited the name in afterward and not sure if it flagged you or not but do you have any idea if you're getting any white KFA2 4090's or have any idea when they might ship? Haven't been able to find anything on this and it's the only thing keeping me from buying the black version and to that affect, finishing my build which has no GPU :)

Back
Top Bottom