O11D EVO XL

Soldato
BRieJoI.png

Anyone else excited to order this case? I'm hoping it's released Q1 or Q2 at the latest. Being able to upright mount my 4090 Strix will be lovely, plus not had a removable motherboard tray since the Coolermaster ATCS days!

Soldato
Yup, but just to temper expectations It seems like it's "first half of 2023... most likely" so I wouldn't expect Q1

Gamers Nexus had a good poke around a prototype here

Last edited:
Soldato
As someone who's just purchased an O11 Dynamic, I really took a shine to the fanless front as it gives a much cleaner/decluttered impression. Although doesn't look like quite a movement on the market to do away with front facing fans.

Soldato
Yes I did wonder if the NV7 announcement would get them to push to market faster?

I would prefer the colour choices available for the o11 evo xl over the NV7 but am not going to wait past end Feb!

I hope so.

The NV7 at first glance looks brilliant. But the back door is unnecessary, and I'm not a fan of the PSU been at the top. Lastly the dead space above the motherboard is huge. I got the O11 XL to make the wait tolerable .

However the D30 fans look amazing. Much better than the Lian Li ones IMO and the ability to reverse the fan direction. I'll be getting a full case of those upon release.

Edit: The more I look at the NV7, the more I like hmmm.

Last edited:
Associate
I`ll be getting one of these when they are available, I just hope there is a better solution to the upright mounting of the GPU as the 011D EVO was a bit untidy with the cable routing unless you switch it to the left side and invert the motherboard.

Associate
I hope so.

The NV7 at first glance looks brilliant. But the back door is unnecessary, and I'm not a fan of the PSU been at the top. Lastly the dead space above the motherboard is huge. I got the O11 XL to make the wait tolerable .

However the D30 fans look amazing. Much better than the Lian Li ones IMO and the ability to reverse the fan direction. I'll be getting a full case of those upon release.

Edit: The more I look at the NV7, the more I like hmmm.

I love the door, my PC is in the middle of the room so anything to help cable management and pretty up the back of a case is a win win for me!

PSU in the roof I like in principle because I've had to use extensions for the last decade, just stick it in the roof and sidestep that issue.

The fans look great but I just bought 9 be quiet! light wings (6 120 and 3 140) so I can console myself in my slightly less pretty but probably quieter system.....

Soldato
Funny you should mention that as I currently have 10 lightwings in my PC. I just think the D30 if based on the T30s and joinable will eliminate so many wires.

As for the case I'm going to keep an eye on the Evo XL and this one. Could go either way to be honest.

Soldato
Maybe if I was going to water cool, but I have the normal 011 dynamic Evo with a 4090 in it and everything else I need and it is never felt too small.

Plus I'm using 140 mm fans which officially do not fit.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Maybe if I was going to water cool, but I have the normal 011 dynamic Evo with a 4090 in it and everything else I need and it is never felt too small.

Plus I'm using 140 mm fans which officially do not fit.

I was close to buying a O11D Evo the other day, though waiting for the XL as I'd like to be able to mount my Strix 4090 horizontally or upright, depending on which I prefer at the time. The removable motherboard tray is also priceless for quick and easy building, I really enjoyed that feature of the Coolermaster ATCS cases back in the day.

I guess it's just the flexibility the XL offers that's so attractive to me. Being able to adjust the motherboard tray height as well, little things like that, mean the world of difference for the way a build will turn out.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was close to buying a O11D Evo the other day, though waiting for the XL as I'd like to be able to mount my Strix 4090 horizontally or upright, depending on which I prefer at the time. The removable motherboard tray is also priceless for quick and easy building, I really enjoyed that feature of the Coolermaster ATCS cases back in the day.

I guess it's just the flexibility the XL offers that's so attractive to me. Being able to adjust the motherboard tray height as well, little things like that, mean the world of difference for the way a build will turn out.

I had the suprim 4090 mounted horizontally. No issues there. I don't think it would work up right though although I think some be on Reddit has done it.
Flexibility is definitely a plus and is why I chose that case. I don't change components enough to need to worry about some of the other stuff you mentioned however.

Soldato
OP
I had the suprim 4090 mounted horizontally. No issues there. I don't think it would work up right though although I think some be on Reddit has done it.
Flexibility is definitely a plus and is why I chose that case. I don't change components enough to need to worry about some of the other stuff you mentioned however.

O11D EVO is too small to mount my 4090 Strix upright. Horizontally it's fine, meant to say vertically in the post you quoted. Mounting vertically in the O11D EVO works, though is a bit too cramped for my taste, blocking the AIO/RAM from full view and some of the motherboard (not my rig below, just an example I found):

nl6nTkF.jpeg

Being able to simply adjust the motherboard height in the XL case will make this look so much better IMO.

O11D EVO XL is a no brainer for me, so much more flexibility compared to the O11D Evo, just need the thing to be released!

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I get what you mean. I don't think the footprint of the case is that much bigger either but it does give you the extra flexibility. I'd probably have got it were it out when I built my PC.

Soldato
OP
Yeah I get what you mean. I don't think the footprint of the case is that much bigger either but it does give you the extra flexibility. I'd probably have got it were it out when I built my PC.

I always think when I buy a new case, that it'll last me 10 years+ any many builds. Never works out that way! Had my Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X for 3 years I think, now it seems "ancient" by comparison to the O11's!

Soldato
I always think when I buy a new case, that it'll last me 10 years+ any many builds. Never works out that way! Had my Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X for 3 years I think, now it seems "ancient" by comparison to the O11's!

Yes after building my last PC. I thought I really don't want to do this again like ever. So I truly believe the case will last me a long time. I really like mini ITX cases but too much hassle.

Back
Top Bottom