O11D EVO XL

Soldato
BRieJoI.png

Anyone else excited to order this case? I'm hoping it's released Q1 or Q2 at the latest. Being able to upright mount my 4090 Strix will be lovely, plus not had a removable motherboard tray since the Coolermaster ATCS days!

Soldato
OP
Maybe if I was going to water cool, but I have the normal 011 dynamic Evo with a 4090 in it and everything else I need and it is never felt too small.

Plus I'm using 140 mm fans which officially do not fit.

I was close to buying a O11D Evo the other day, though waiting for the XL as I'd like to be able to mount my Strix 4090 horizontally or upright, depending on which I prefer at the time. The removable motherboard tray is also priceless for quick and easy building, I really enjoyed that feature of the Coolermaster ATCS cases back in the day.

I guess it's just the flexibility the XL offers that's so attractive to me. Being able to adjust the motherboard tray height as well, little things like that, mean the world of difference for the way a build will turn out.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I had the suprim 4090 mounted horizontally. No issues there. I don't think it would work up right though although I think some be on Reddit has done it.
Flexibility is definitely a plus and is why I chose that case. I don't change components enough to need to worry about some of the other stuff you mentioned however.

O11D EVO is too small to mount my 4090 Strix upright. Horizontally it's fine, meant to say vertically in the post you quoted. Mounting vertically in the O11D EVO works, though is a bit too cramped for my taste, blocking the AIO/RAM from full view and some of the motherboard (not my rig below, just an example I found):

nl6nTkF.jpeg

Being able to simply adjust the motherboard height in the XL case will make this look so much better IMO.

O11D EVO XL is a no brainer for me, so much more flexibility compared to the O11D Evo, just need the thing to be released!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah I get what you mean. I don't think the footprint of the case is that much bigger either but it does give you the extra flexibility. I'd probably have got it were it out when I built my PC.

I always think when I buy a new case, that it'll last me 10 years+ any many builds. Never works out that way! Had my Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X for 3 years I think, now it seems "ancient" by comparison to the O11's!

Soldato
OP
Don't think they are allowed before Lian Li gives the go ahead. Also they would be guessing the price point which would naturally be a lot higher.

Lian Li have been quiet for a long time. It would be nice to have an update. Similar cases have been announced and come to market since Lian Li announced it last year.

I had my O11 Air Mini on pre-order for many weeks before release, if memory serves. Could have been available later in the UK than the US though perhaps, can't remember.

Soldato
OP
Last edited:
Soldato
OP

Lian Li giving away 5 O11D EVO XL if you're a current O11 Dynamic series case owner and are willing to review on reddit.

The giveaway ends on July 9th and the post states the lucky 5 will receive their cases to review "a few weeks prior to launch". So we're probably looking at September for launch/availability IMO.

Soldato
OP
I was considering the XL myself until realised that I would have to replace my NH-15D Chromax HSF :eek: It would be the perfect case for me if it had a little more clearance for larger HSF coolers.

Only case I liked that would house it fine was the Lancool II Mesh Performance, so hopefully made the right choice as couldn't justify changing the HSF that I am 100% happy with as well.

I have an O11 Air Mini. It fits a NH-D15. The case this thread is discussing, the O11D EVO XL, will swallow the NH-D15 and make it look like an intel stock cooler.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
You are looking at old o11 xl. O11 EVO xl will have no problems fitting noctua. Cooler fitting will probably be 175mm+ given it fits 140 radiators without any layout changes.
Think he's made up his mind that it won't fit... I've told him it that I have an O11 Air Mini and that tt fits a NH-D15. Best leave him to it.

Soldato
OP
Few short days/weeks to go! I imagine hundreds/thousands of units are being shipped around the world right now, to meet the early August release date :)

Soldato
OP
A mod on the Lian Li Reddit posted multiple times yesterday that it's been delayed to early September. Apparently it's not the first time it's been delayed. Think I'll grab one of the other similar designs like the Phanteks or NZXT options since I want to have my build done in 2 weeks or so.

Still right around the corner. I've waited this long as there is no other case that ticks the boxes this one does, a few more weeks won't hurt!

It's also better they delay, for any little issue, so we get a 100% functional product. Recalls, RMA's are not fun.

Very excited to build a custom loop in my case :)

Soldato
OP
Lian Li website has had the O11 Dynamic Evo XL added, but you can't view without a password! Launch imminent, gets your wallets ready lads! :D

EDIT - Quick view works, but not the full view of the page:

kNhCNr8.png

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Fingers cross there's actually availbility then!

With them saying it's due at the end of the week, and to check with suppliers for availability, you'd think suppliers would have the case available to preorder by now, but I can't find it anywhere yet.

OCUK will likely have hundreds in stock already, waiting for NDA to post on website to sell. That or pre-order on release day for shipping when it comes into stock - but I think the delay has allowed time for units to arrive worldwide.

Back
Top Bottom