OcUK DDoS attack - £10,000 reward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Ive just been trying to buy a PSU from the shop but it kept timing out at the "Confirm order" page. Are there still problems with the site? Ive given up for tonight and Ill try again tomorrow....I didnt get any sort of confirmation email through so Im assuming the order requests ahvent gone through....either that or Im gonna end up with about 3 Tagan PSUs on Monday :/

Associate
Nothing is untraceable. Just some are harder to trace than others. We're happy with progress so far.

I appreciate that nothing is untracable but i would expect that someone with the ability to evade for this long has considerable knowledge of this kind of attack and the techniques used to trace the source. I would also expect this to not have been the first time they have attempted something like this albeit not against OCUK.

I guess you have also employed external security agencies to look into this as well?

Soldato
Ive just been trying to buy a PSU from the shop but it kept timing out at the "Confirm order" page. Are there still problems with the site? Ive given up for tonight and Ill try again tomorrow....I didnt get any sort of confirmation email through so Im assuming the order requests ahvent gone through....either that or Im gonna end up with about 3 Tagan PSUs on Monday :/

Yup just failed on the confirm bit for me. Really frustrating. Been trying to order the pc for days :/ And the fricking post charges to Jersey have gone up. :(

Man of Honour
I appreciate that nothing is untracable but i would expect that someone with the ability to evade for this long has considerable knowledge of this kind of attack and the techniques used to trace the source. I would also expect this to not have been the first time they have attempted something like this albeit not against OCUK.

I guess you have also employed external security agencies to look into this as well?

The longer it goes on the more traceable it is - if he'd have hit the site once for 2-3 days and left it at that, hadn't paid anyone directly and used a hijacked(unsecured)/open wireless to initiate the attack he'd be almost untraceable - but as time goes on and the attack changes vectors in reaction to security measures brought to mitigate it more and more clues and openings to identify atleast who is controlling it are left - and its very unlikely someone is coordinating a prolonged attack like this for free.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
There are people in the World that do this for fun/competition. Competition between hackers in Russia & other countrys has brought various business sites down in the past. Only reason was to beat the other team.

As for all the Hate from other Forums I'd put that down to small mindedness & jealousy. No other site/forum is as busy as this with such an Active community surrounding tech, Instigating an attack like this or just picking up on Every single complaint over a 9 year period is there only way of having a dig. Also just posting about Overclockers increases traffic & Google hits.
It's not Rocket science.

Associate
Mac address of the machine being used can be logged on certain routers. Trace the mac address back to its machine and you have who was accessing the wireless network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom