• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Caporegime
I genuinely think due to the voltage locks, the card you buy will roughly be the same, regardless of power/phases and unless there is a modified BIOS that comes out, it is all down to the silicon lottery. Go for a card that has a decent cooler and warranty and enjoy :)

Associate
Welcome to the club. Did same yesterday morning went from strix position 120th to 16th in MSI queue. A very nice improvement and also I am getting much quieter card! (4db quieter at load to be precise, according to reviews) :) Life is good.

I hope more people cancel their strix orders, means I'll go further down the queue :D

Please OCUK let us know if you can find out how many strix youll get :D

They may know, but they aren't saying. Every time I've asked, it's 'we don't know'. Which is either they genuinely don't know or they do and just don't want people ringing up on the day of shipment saying, "I'm x place in the queue and you said you were getting x amount of cards. Why hasn't mine shipped!?". Either way, it would be nice to be given some kind of ball park figure. Other resellers are expecting around 300. So OCUK may receive around the same or more/less. It's all speculation though, so it's a case of wait and see. Worst case scenario, delayed for another week. Best case, they get more than stated by other resellers on the ETA 17th.

Last edited:

S_D

S_D

Associate
Yup, still the same.

"We've received your order details, and we're expecting your parcel shortly"

It just means I can't track it to know what hour they're coming, as DPD are famously good for.

I've realised that I don't have a DPD text, I have an OcUK text.

I phoned OcUK and they don't think it made it onto the DPD pallet, but they don't know where it is. He'll check with warehouse but "it won't be coming today"

Sigh.

Last edited:
Soldato
I genuinely think due to the voltage locks, the card you buy will roughly be the same, regardless of power/phases and unless there is a modified BIOS that comes out, it is all down to the silicon lottery. Go for a card that has a decent cooler and warranty and enjoy :)

EVGA will I hope make all said above true.

Not long now for my FTW:D

OcUK Staff
OP
Order my inno3d x3 at 15:15 on the 27th through Amazon pay.. Hopefully will be in the first batch sent out. :O

Should be, the X3 is becoming a fantastic seller, I've now held one and I was super impressed with the quality of the card, Inno3D done a cracking job on 10 series with the X3 and X4.

Also they have a Hybrid Black coming very soon!!!! :)

Associate
I've realised that I don't have a DPD text, I have an OcUK text.

I phoned OcUK and they don't think it made it onto the DPD pallet, but they don't know where it is. He'll check with warehouse but "it won't be coming today"

Sigh.

Just off the phone asking why PDP didn't receive delivery of my SC card.. The Delivery driver attached an empty trailer leaving the one with stock and drove it to Stoke.... WTF

Associate
Should be, the X3 is becoming a fantastic seller, I've now held one and I was super impressed with the quality of the card, Inno3D done a cracking job on 10 series with the X3 and X4.

Also they have a Hybrid Black coming very soon!!!! :)

I kept bouncing between the EVGA SC and the Inno 3D X3 (I bet CS got quite annoyed by this :D)

Finally settled on the SC because Inno's RMA process scares me! Anyhow hoping I hear something soon as Intel HD 3000 is killing me.

Associate
feeling like when I ordered pokemon blue for gameboy when I was a kid

it took forever to actually come, was the worst wait in mankind, don't even think these 1080s could top it lol

S_D

S_D

Associate
Just off the phone asking why PDP didn't receive delivery of my SC card.. The Delivery driver attached an empty trailer leaving the one with stock and drove it to Stoke.... WTF

That explains a lot - thanks! At least mine is not then 'lost', just delayed... and others obviously also are in the same boat.

Caporegime

I am awaiting a Mobo from OcUK and turned down OT to finish my build today and I am fuming inside. Not had a response yet from my webnote either :mad:

Caporegime
Damn that sucks :(. Nothing worse than having to wait another day for shiny shiny.

What board did you end up getting gregster?

I switched my Asus X99-A to X99-A II. I couldn't flash my mobo as I didn't have an older chip and using the flashback with 3 different memory sticks wouldn't work either (it seemed to do what it should but still 00 error). Hopefully this new board will sort it and looking forward to seeing how the 6850K runs with the Gigabyte 1080.

I have built roughly 10 computers over the last year for friends and not including building LN2 computers for shows but this has driven me nuts :(

Back
Top Bottom