• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
Call sales and they shall sort the swap for you. :)

EVGA need to try to speed up and ship a lot more as Gigabyte, MSI, Zotac, Gainward are all starting to make much nicer and larger shipments this weekend forwards to OcUK. :)

Good to hear some news of movement on the Zotac front.

Soldato
Cancelled my FTW order, listing it as the 3rd and finding out it was a made up ETA with the 17th as the one from EVGA was bad enough, now they arent even made yet and wont be available until some time in July, yeah, I'm out.

Soldato
Is your voltage increasing? Voltage adjustment in afterburner on mine doesn't seem to be doing anything at all.

Card 1 at 1.025v
Card 2 at 1.032v

Increasing/decreasing the slider has no change to the voltage, seems to be going up/down due to clock rate hmm :confused:

I didn't check in honesty but have had it before where using a voltage meter, the voltage was increased but according to MSI AB, it wasn't. I only tried the once but will look into it a bit more when I have time.

Re-this overclocking thingy, I agree moving the voltage sliders around seems to have no effect on increasing core mhz or even making things more stable. At the moment I can use +190/200 on the core and voltage has no effect on getting anymore.

What are you guys finding when trying to gt max O/C?

Associate
But what about Asus.........

EVGA need to try to speed up and ship a lot more as Gigabyte, MSI, Zotac, Gainward are all starting to make much nicer and larger shipments this weekend forwards to OcUK.

Thanks for the update Gibbo, really helpful. I noticed a distinct lack of Asus from that list...:confused:

Any news on delivery expectations on the Strix?

Any feedback appreciated!

Associate
Call sales and they shall sort the swap for you. :)

EVGA need to try to speed up and ship a lot more as Gigabyte, MSI, Zotac, Gainward are all starting to make much nicer and larger shipments this weekend forwards to OcUK. :)

Gibbo, if I was to swap from EVGA who would you reckon would deliver first? Might make the call today.

OcUK Staff
OP
Thanks for the update Gibbo, really helpful. I noticed a distinct lack of Asus from that list...:confused:

We've had some Strix arrive, but now with nearly 1000 pre-sold it is gonna take some time. I also think Asus pushed themselves a little hard with their boost clock being over 1900MHz, resulting in the yields in their testing on not so great at present. I am sure towards end of month it will improve a lot however and Asus are very aware of the situation at OcUK, I think OcUK for Strix is actually their world no.1 customer with no other online reseller worldwide outselling OcUK.

Not bad for this little island called the UK, so yes Asus HQ are well aware of our sales and are now promising to direct all UK shipments to OcUK and to try and divert EU/Asia shipments also OcUK direction simply because we vastly outsold anyone else. :)

Associate

No mention of Inno3d either.....

Is that 30th date after contact with them or just based on "should be by then"

OcUK Staff
OP
Ben, as a very early pre-orderer for the FTW this news is very sad, I have been waiting patiently for my card to ship since I placed the order on the 27th.

I was anticipating from all given news the cards would arrive with OCUK around the 17th, possibly a little later than that, but the fact they haven't even made any yet is shocking!

This is my first EVGA order, and it may be my last if EVGA can't do better than this. If shipping is this delayed then we should be compensated somehow (especially as OCUK took payment already).

A free copy of Doom, as others have suggested would go a long way to keeping me happy personally.

I feel your being harsh on Ben, delays do happen and the FTW is probably one of the best 1080 on the market due to its power phase and 2x 8-pin. Manufacturer delays can happen and no one can be blamed, its a way of life.

Ben is posting on these forums keeping you all updated even out of work hours, cut him some slack guys. He knows how many OcUK has sold and will strife to get them delivered as quickly as possible.

EVGA was the first to deliver custom cards with a load of SC arriving earlier this week, they really are pushing.

The FTW is awesome card and well worth the wait, of course other brands might arrive earlier if you really feel the need to swap, but my thoughts would be stick with what you originally wanted. I waited 2 years for my Mustang, so a few weeks to me does not seem so long, chill and relax, the FTW will be here soon. :)

Caporegime
We've had some Strix arrive, but now with nearly 1000 pre-sold it is gonna take some time.. :)

I find it genuinely incredibly that 1000 people have parted with £650 on a pre order for one of these knowing they might have to wait weeks to get one.

Just shows that Nvidia know exactly what they are doing.

Soldato
Been holding out for EVGA availability, but other manufacturers seem to be getting supply in now. Casting my gaze towards MSI - does their warranty cover removal of fitted cooling to install water blocks?
MSI are fine with you taking the cooler off. Obviously they don't cover physical damage if you break anything in the process, but just removing it won't void your warranty.

Associate
We've had some Strix arrive, but now with nearly 1000 pre-sold it is gonna take some time. I also think Asus pushed themselves a little hard with their boost clock being over 1900MHz, resulting in the yields in their testing on not so great at present. I am sure towards end of month it will improve a lot however and Asus are very aware of the situation at OcUK, I think OcUK for Strix is actually their world no.1 customer with no other online reseller worldwide outselling OcUK.

Not bad for this little island called the UK, so yes Asus HQ are well aware of our sales and are now promising to direct all UK shipments to OcUK and to try and divert EU/Asia shipments also OcUK direction simply because we vastly outsold anyone else. :)

Cheers Gibbo, really appreciate the information - although I guess I wont hold out too much hope of a dispatch tomorrow then!

I ordered on 30 May, so hopefully i'm not TOO far down that list when they do start to filter through ;)

...I certainly hope so - playing The Division and GTA V with all the detail down at around 30 FPS is really starting to Grip me!! :D

Back
Top Bottom