OcUK's History....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Nice thread :)

I always liked Pete heh but yeah from what I saw he wasn't quite as bothered as Spie for getting stuff out the door. Tis interesting to read what Spie wrote there. Lotsa stuff I never heard before.

So whats Pete up to nowadays? Any new businesses?

I know Vince from VIN an'all, he's a mate of me dad, asked him for a job a few times but he still aint gimme one lol.. I am becoming skint quickly :(

Man of Honour
Excellent. Just shows what can happen if you put the hours in and are passionate about your job. On the other hand I'm a bum, but this almost gives me the motivation to do something about it.....almost.

ady

ady

Associate
That was very interesting and thanks for your time in writing it for us. I think the £49 you spent on the domain name was a master stroke, the domain name has helped greatly in the success of ocuk. The forum has got to be one of the best on the internet and must have also helped. Well done and I hope you have the same success in the future.

Permabanned
Originally posted by Spie
Overclockers was a one man band. I ordered stock, answered the phone, packed orders and had to provide technical support.

Excellent stuff, you deserve all your money and success. Assuming Peter bought you out what would you have done, setup a competitor?

Godfather
Godfather
Originally posted by noob
Excellent stuff, you deserve all your money and success. Assuming Peter bought you out what would you have done, setup a competitor?
I had many ideas, none of which compared to what I would have lost. I think it would have taken months to come up with an answer.

Oh, I forgot to say. OcUK's first employee was - Stormster :)

Soldato
:)

Believe it or not, I do miss the place and regret not being there to see it grow quite as big as it is now.

I remember those days when 30 orders a day became 100+... Christmas 99 was silly lol :) I bet it took 4 weeks max for that to happen!

Soldato
Nice to see the place going from strength to strength - I was caught in a position of being in partnership with someone who was dragging us down and had to ditch it to go it alone - he went bust 6 months after I left and my business has gone from strength to strength since.

I wouldn't advise anyone to go into partnership unless you know the person well and can trust them to be as committed and dedicated as your self.

Soldato
Great read Mark, and it's true what he says about it being the first time he's told the full story, even the Dons didn't know a fair bit of that stuff (though some of us have picked up bits here and there) ;)

Permabanned
Originally posted by doopydug
I wouldn't advise anyone to go into partnership unless you know the person well and can trust them to be as committed and dedicated as your self.

Good point. I have a few ideas myself and I know I will put 110% into it. The hardest part is finding a partner. I'm unsure whether to go it alone.

Soldato
Good point. I have a few ideas myself and I know I will put 110% into it. The hardest part is finding a partner. I'm unsure whether to go it alone.

If you can fund it yourself, then do it. The flipside is that sometimes difficulties can arise and it helps to have someone on board with as much vested interest as yourself to share the burden (assuming you can find a good un that is)

Associate
Now i'm waiting for the chapter on the hollowed out volcano.....to be continued :p

And we're waiting to see how Gibbo got hired and the infamous pink shirt saga

But we know how Pete got bought out, Spie made him an offer he couldn't refuse.............TAXI!

Associate

I used to have this trouble every saturday night :o

Associate
Sometimes you just gotta take a risk, I did & it's the best thing I ever did. No orders from anyone:D

Just dont expect to get instant results, it takes hard work and time.

Good luck if you go for it M8.;)

Soldato
If you lot continue to give out history and make OCUK what it is you will have a bunch of people coming to the warehouse to see you. People will travel for miles and miles and whisper is that Spie get his autograph.

edit/ you can charge for tours of the factory!!

edit/ edit/ i want a piece of that if you ever do my idea :D

Soldato
Good story:) Very interesting indeed. My dad was in a situation where he was forced to sell out his partner, there is always one side who puts in more effort and dedication, whether that is more financial support or time and care put in, its very hard to have a decent partnership. But now its all my dads things are only looking better:cool:

Soldato
ill be ur tour operator

"aaaaaaaaand if u care to look the left ladies and gentlemen you will see..........a stack of hard drives. SOOOOOOO are there any questions?"

:D i want a hour lunch break and a cold can of coke.

ta:D

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Lostie
Great read Mark, and it's true what he says about it being the first time he's told the full story, even the Dons didn't know a fair bit of that stuff (though some of us have picked up bits here and there) ;)

Some of us picked up more than others ;)

But even the Oracle didn't know all of it. Eye-opened indeed :)

Soldato
Cracking read !

The forums here are really good, i belive the community here is one of the best around. I certinally buy lots of stuff from ocuk and recommend it to anyone buying pc gear even if they are not clocking it :O

Good luck in the future and continue the great service you provide !

out of interest - My 1st purchase was a 550 amd @ 750 - where in the history time line would that of been ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom