Poll: Official 2023 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Thread - Yas Marina Circuit - Round 23

Rate the final race of the year out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Didn't think that was an exceptionally dull race. There was quite a lot of battles through the points, if not for the lead after lap 1, and a bit of strategic variation. At the lower end of ordinary for me.

Tsunoda driver of the day? These votes are odd

I thought he had a great race, can't see anyone else deserved it more than him.

Man of Honour
Russell radio - Did we do it?

Pit - Yeah, good job mate. Well done.

Russell - Oh my goodness gracious, Well done.

Pit - Timing screens hasn't updated but, yeah.

Russell - What with turn 1 and the constant *unintelligible* the whole race, Go on Toto.

Toto - Well done, well done! That was awesome.

Pit - I didn't even tell you any jokes.

Russell - Well done everybody, it's been a very tough season but really, really happy to finish it off as we did. let's go on to next year. Better things to come. Better things to come.

Pit - Yeah, good job mate. Well done. We've had some highs and some lows, but we'll move on to next year.

Russell - That's the Formula 1 rollercoaster for you.

Pit - Oh yeah. Looking forward to next year. Bring it on.

Russell - Oh yeah. Let's enjoy this off season everybody. Even though it's been a tough one, I've really, really enjoyed working with you all. Such a good spirit within this team. And we're on a path right to the top. Come on guys.

Pit - We're coming for you.

Pit - Thanks for that George, fantastic drive.

Russell - Cheers Andrew.

Toto - George, you made 2500 people happy.

Russell - That's what we're here for.

Toto - That's mortgages, tuition fees, kitchens. It's all of that.

Russell - Absolutely. Absolutely. Proud to be a part of this team. Going to the grid. Are you sure no donuts? Going to be the only one who's not...

Pit - Simon is pretty sure.

Soldato
Didn't think that was an exceptionally dull race. There was quite a lot of battles through the points, if not for the lead after lap 1, and a bit of strategic variation. At the lower end of ordinary for me.

I thought he had a great race, can't see anyone else deserved it more than him.
You know a race has been crap when a driver who finishes two places behind where he started is the most deserving of the driver of the day award.

Soldato
Incredible season from Max and Red Bull. Huge congratulations to them.

Hoping next season will be less of a domination.
Quite agreed, incredible season from Max and Red Bull, Horner should congratulated on putting together a championship winning team yet again, amazing job.
All in all a great season where history has been made, McLaren in possibly the greatest turn around in the performance of their cars ever and for Oscar's superb debut.
As a veteran F1 fan I didn't find any race boring at all and only 97 days until the next season starts, if my maths is correct.

Soldato
Quite agreed, incredible season from Max and Red Bull, Horner should congratulated on putting together a championship winning team yet again, amazing job.
All in all a great season where history has been made, McLaren in possibly the greatest turn around in the performance of their cars ever and for Oscar's superb debut.
As a veteran F1 fan I didn't find any race boring at all and only 97 days until the next season starts, if my maths is correct.

Agreed...

Soldato
Well that'll be the last season for Drive to Survive, seeing as, well, nothing at all happened.
Maybe half the season can be the utter shambles of Vegas, and how poorly the fans where treated.

Last edited:
Caporegime
What a dull race.

Red Bull race pace is nuts.

Rubbish weekend from Perez and Lewis.

Lewis suffering Abu Dhabi PTSD?

Last edited:
Soldato
It's finally over. Role on 2024. Rubbish race. As Martin said in commentary, hard to understand why the race doesn't tend to produce that much overtaking despite the layout. Bit dull.

Associate
i enjoyed it, i enjoy every race. it's nice if my team and driver win but it's not the be all end all. the skill of all the drivers, the tech that goes into the cars, the aero designs.
I enjoyed the overtakes further down the grid, Norris held off Russell for a while.

If anyone didnt enjoy the race why didnt you?

Caporegime
If anyone didnt enjoy the race why didnt you?

Well, for a start the winner was essentially pre-determined. We also knew Perez would use the immensely dominant car to get back up at the top after a **** qualy, but likely **** it up at some point and get a penalty. We knew Crofty would make a terrible pun at some point based on someones name.

It was all very much the same as we've had countless times before for the last couple of seasons.

I get the enjoyment of the spectacle and the tech etc, but in terms of the actual race, there was very little going on really.

Soldato
Another bang average watch....

Great season from RB & Max, apart from that, nothing much else to add to the season. Very boring in terms of excitement bar the odd race over the season.

Get rid of Sprint races, and do artificial wet races (soak the track) - Rain/Wet races are about the only fun these days.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom